My mother can't accept the facts...ranting and rambling

Talk about anything you want to here.
Angel_Beast1221

My mother can't accept the facts...ranting and rambling

Post by Angel_Beast1221 »

Not so sure about the title buut either way, I told my mom that I am a witch and she just brushed me off! All she said was "No you're not." and just left it at that. It kind of hurt because I strive for her acceptance (we have had a difficult past and that is a topic for another thread) but I just want her to accept me for who I am.

I am a witch, I accept my own path but I thought we were at a point where she would accept the truths about me. I wanted to share with her because she is someone I should be able to share these types of things with I would think.. Turns out she just wants to avoid the topic completely so I'm not going to press the issue anymore. I'm just a little hurt.

At least my boyfriend accepts me for who I am, I suppose that's what is important seeing as how we live together and want to spend the rest of our lives together. (he also participates in some meditation and power raising with me when I need a little boost although I'm not really sure what he considers himself in the aspect of spirituality...he is just a very powerful and spiritual person)

So back to the main topic...I got a little distracted...should I just move on and not bring it up to my mother again? I feel like that is the best course of action for me.
I dance with dragons beneath the stars and run with foxes through the groves
Becks

Re: My mother can't accept the facts...ranting and rambling

Post by Becks »

In light of what you're going through right now, I think it must have been hard to have something so important brushed off and dismissed so quickly. That really sucks.

Some questions to ask yourself that might help:
What do you think you should do?
If you bring it up again do you expect her to handle it differently?
What if you get the same reaction?
What is it that you want her to understand about what you do?
How will you feel if she doesn't support you? Will it change your path or resolve?
If you do feel the need to talk about it, what is the best way to approach it with your Mom?

I'm thinking of you and hope all goes well. Please know that there is support for you-even if your mom isn't able to give you hers.
Angel_Beast1221

I think she is concerned because my "father" practiced Santeria (he was born in Cuba and has a heavy magical and spiritual background) and she doesn't want me to follow in his footsteps (animal sacrifice, blood magic, etc.) I tried to explain that I'm not interested in performing those types of rituals but she may just be closed minded toward that since she had such a bad experience with him.

Either way thinking of it as if she is worried about me in that way makes me feel a little better.

Thank you for your support.
Becks

Post by Becks »

Well she carries some very definite bias then...you come form magical people.
Angel_Beast1221

Indeed I do, and I have known about certain abilities since I was a child. They used to scare me but now I have learned to control somethings and not to fear the things I can't control.
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

Angel_Beast1221 wrote: I have learned to control somethings and not to fear the things I can't control.
Keep in mind that your mother may be one of those things you cannot . Your definition of "witch", and hers may be two completely different things, based on her past experiences. Be true to yourself, but remember that she may fear what she does not totally understand.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”