Wicca doesn't appeal to me

Talk about anything you want to here.
barefaced_mama

Wicca doesn't appeal to me

Post by barefaced_mama »

I have been noticing that many around her are wiccan. I personally am eclectic and do take some of what I do/believe/practice from Wicca. But too me it all seems to ceremonial or involved. I don't understand the need for the tools. Candles, herbs, even inscense I get. But a wand, sword,chalice,etc. I personally like things simple...though I take many beliefs from Wicca, I just can't get into the ceremonial part of it. I feel like the magician/religion should be a natural extension of myself and all those tools just don't feel natural.
barefaced_mama

Re: I guess it doesnt appeal to me..

Post by barefaced_mama »

I just want to add that I am no way bashing anyone..I can see how it would appeal to others. I guess I am still searching for the right path and I am looking for some direction that anyone can offer from their experiences
ebenb84

Re: I guess it doesnt appeal to me..

Post by ebenb84 »

well here's the thing, i've found that there is really no right or wrong way in the craft. if the pomp and circumstance doesn't appeal to you then theres nothing wrong with that. while personally i like having all the tools and ceremony and stuff like that, those things aren't totally nessecary. some of my best spells and rituals were done without any tools other than my own two hands. i guess what i'm saying is that if it works for you than go with it.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”