What are you missing?

This is the forum to say, "I'm leaving for a while" or "I'm back now" or whatever.
firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

What are you missing?

Post by firebirdflys »

All of us have had our lives uprooted and put on hold, due to the corona virus.
What are some of the fun things you would have been doing if life hadn't been cancelled?

This weekend would have marked the beginning of the run of Renaissance Pleasure Faire. I haven't missed the faire in some time now except maybe when they moved from Agoura to Glen Hellen, was the last time. That was over 30 years ago :shock: but Faire was cancelled. Here is a wee clip from the original faire in Agoura in the early 1970's. :D :D
phpBB [video]

Fair moved from there in 1988. But the land it was held on remains sacred, we've have an annual Ren Faire reunion pic-nic every spring for 20 years in that very canyon in Agoura to read the names of original faire folk who have gone to SkyFaire, that was also cancelled. Broke my heart, the best time on that land is now while it's green, the green here is sooooo brief. :roll:
And the annual connecting with the Earth campout was cancelled, first because it rained, changed the date out about 6 weeks and just got the cancellation notice from the park service 2 days ago. We were going to celebrate May day at the beach. :|
Wonder if I should try for September, maybe a Mabon campout.
sheeze

bb, Cagedbird

Hazel Moon

Re: What are you missing?

Post by Hazel Moon »

We're missing out on a lot of outdoor activities, my boyfriend and me.

Normally we go to the campgrounds by the lake to sit and enjoy the beautiful flowering trees. They're covered with white flowers, and when the wind blows it's like it's raining flower petals. The ground gets so covered by petals that it looks like it's snowing. It's just so beautiful. But the campgrounds are closed now, so there'll be no flower shower this year.

We also like to go these festivals they hold in late April/early May. They have them down by the lake, with music, food and fun arts and crafts projects. They even built a stage down there on what they call "picnic island" where the bands come with their instruments and play music. But all that has been cancelled due to the coronavirus.
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.

firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by firebirdflys »

I know, huh...you'd think a campground would be safe.
I went for a drive and parked by the side of the road and sat on the grassy edge there and looked into the Ranch where we would have our ceremonies and where I would hike at this time of year. I could see an orange splash on the top of a nearby hill...poppies, hundreds of them, and I burst into tears because every trail in the area is closed I can't go in and get a closer view.

I also realized that the annual Pow Wow in Malibu would have been last weekend. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcsISxAw1x8
The only such local event worth attending anymore, so many pow wows are competition, which brings me to the Gathering of Nations in ABQ, The largest Pow Wow in the World, which would have been later this month Ackkkkk. Was planning on driving out there now that I have a worthy car.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of my dads passing and I had planed to spend the day at the cemetery, but since that is in moms town, and I can't go there, I'll be missing that too. F. and Damn.

They had the only death due the virus in moms county over the weekend, turned out to be the husband of a gal in her bridge group. Now this family will be missing him, and all the other families that will be missing their loved ones. Will be missing now, forever. This all sucks so terribly.

BB, FF

Mr Crowley

Post by Mr Crowley »

This!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1YsRE6FFBo
But I'll get over it. Not that big of a deal, but it's a hell of a lot of fun. Cops are lenient, as you can see, because it generates millions of dollars for the local 'hood.

We're on 'in shelter' order, essential travel only. That doesn't mean that we cannot leave the house, or go anywhere.
It means we must make an attempt to limit movement as much as possible, understanding that we need some outside time for our emotional health.

"I had planed to spend the day at the cemetery"

Isn't something like that considered essential travel?
Wouldn't be a problem in my state.
CANNOT gather more than 5 people.

For instance, pulled my toy car out of the garage the other day.
It reflects Injun heritage, has an identical GM pollen maker under the hood,
and drinks 93 octane gas by the 55-gallon drums.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyyRoaeujiA

Easin' through the 'hood, and a cop was coming the other way.
Crap!
He flipped me a thumbs up as we passed.

SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by SpiritTalker »

I’m not missing the mammogram I had to cancel. Aw shucks. Nope, I don’t miss it at all!

firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by firebirdflys »

:lol:

firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by firebirdflys »

Mr Crowley wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:48 pm
"I had planed to spend the day at the cemetery"

Isn't something like that considered essential travel?
It would be if the drive wasn't so far. I would have had to stay at my moms, she said stay put, so I didn't go. >shrug< :| I really have to rig my car for sleeping. Had a v-dub bug once that had a full size bed in the back. Miss that car.

Mr Crowley

Post by Mr Crowley »

I didn't consider that your state takes up most of the west coast. I'm thinking about building a live-in van/delivery truck; some have the full monty, hvac, bath, hot shower, bathroom, all self contained, meaning off-the-grid while keeping modern day features.

SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh The Places You’ll Stay, by Dr fauci

You’ll stay on the couch. You’ll stay in your room.
You’ll stay in a chair for a meeting on Zoom!
You’ll stay in the bathroom - a brief get away
There are so many places at home you will stay.

I think I miss my mind the most 🤪

Return to “Member Announcements and Updates”