What Is Your Weather Like Today?

This is the forum to say, "I'm leaving for a while" or "I'm back now" or whatever.
JennAdeleK

Re: What Is Your Weather Like Today?

Post by JennAdeleK »

Rainy and in the 60 degree range here in Georgia today... My garlic is growing like crazy, and my azaleas are blooming!!!
"Everyone deserves the chance to fly!"
~Wicked~

stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

65 + and some wind.. it's kite season.

L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Sunshine, blue sky with few puffy clouds, spring is here. No noise as there's no traffic at all, just birds singing and wind. Its lovely. So funny to come from winter just 200km north from here to full blown spring. First flowers are already sprouting. It wont take long for trees to have leaves by this pace.
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.

Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

It's amazing how cold it is in the morning, cold enough that I wake up chilled and have to slip into some warm, fuzzy jammie bottoms. Then the sun comes up and by late afternoon I have to turn the air conditioning on so the cats don't overheat.
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.

firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by firebirdflys »

Oh to be in Nor Cal :)
It's been verging on 100 here for about 3 days. Today should be low 90's, clear beautiful the green things are happy.
BB, FF

Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

We're experiencing our first heat wave of the season. It's well over 100° and I absolutely love it.

This is the kind of weather that I live for. It's so nice and comfy. And last night, when it started to cool off a little, the air still had some gentle warmth and that sweet smell of summer. It's beautiful.
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.

Black Cloud

Post by Black Cloud »

Hail, wind, lightning, thunder, and rain, rain, rain, in other words the weather is great!
"People with a high tolerance for boredom can get a lot of thinking done." -Stephen King

“For every woman is at heart a witch.” -Charles Leland

“Men argue, nature acts.” -Voltaire

“Our life is the creation of our mind.” -Buddha

“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master.” -Epictetus

“Facts don’t cease to exist because they are ignored.” -Aldous Huxley

Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

I'm starting to think that we'll have an early fall this year. I can feel it in the air now, especially these last couple of mornings.

It's so chilly in the early mornings now. I woke up this morning and was so cold I had to get under my comforter. First time I've been under that thing in weeks.

SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by SpiritTalker »

Here in the middle of the mitten it’s humid & overcast and gonna be 🥵

firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by firebirdflys »

Tropical overcast, it's going to be hot and humid today :(

Black Cloud

Post by Black Cloud »

HOT
"People with a high tolerance for boredom can get a lot of thinking done." -Stephen King

“For every woman is at heart a witch.” -Charles Leland

“Men argue, nature acts.” -Voltaire

“Our life is the creation of our mind.” -Buddha

“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master.” -Epictetus

“Facts don’t cease to exist because they are ignored.” -Aldous Huxley

Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

Hot here too, and I'm loving it.

Yesterday was the beginning of a heat wave. It was 104 and today they say it'll be 106. According to the forecast, it's supposed to be around 110 later next week, which is really nice because I haven't seen it that warm in years.

firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by firebirdflys »

Oi, m'Lady, I wish I had your metabolism!

It didn't cool off last night, lousy nights sleep ⏳

firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by firebirdflys »

Hazel Moon wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:39 am
it's supposed to be around 110 later next week,
and is it that hot with your fire going on? I saw you folks had some crazy thunderstorms, my bro in Rocklin got the greatest shot of lightning over the houses across the street. He used it for his zoom background and the bolts looked like they were coming out of his bald head! LOL :lol:
But this lightning is creating havoc across the state, what did they say? Over 350 lightning fires in Cali right now? Whew
It's been between 112 and 115 and over 25 percent humidity for 3 days now and I screamed at the robo caller who called before 8am. We had 2 rolling blackouts and adjacent town hasn't had power for over 24 hours so far.
Late summer? Any predictions about how far into fall will it still feel like summer? It's been so wonderfully pleasant for June and July and that's not typical.
Bb, Firebird

Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

Actually no, it hasn't been very hot thanks to the combination of cloud cover and smoke. It only got up into the mid 90s today, but it still feels very dry and muggy.

That's what started it all was lightning on Monday. Where I'm at, we had lightning, rain, thunder, everything. A couple hours later there was ash coming down out of the sky and a big plume of smoke rising over the hill. Very scary indeed. I've been forced to evacuate twice in the past few years, and I really hoped we wouldn't have to leave again.

So right now it's just dull, dry heat, a lot of smoke and light ash still coming down. But in terms of how long it'll feel like summer, I predict we'll have an early fall and that it'll start cooling down around mid to late September. The oak trees have acorns on them already, and it looks like some of the trees are losing their summer luster. Already I feel the change in the air in early mornings. This summer heat probably won't last much longer.

Return to “Member Announcements and Updates”