druids =)

A forum for people who follow or are interested in the spiritual path of Druidry (whether neopagan, mesopagan, or reconstructionist), the ancient Druids, and Celtic culture.

Modern Druidry is a 300 year old path that focuses on nature spirituality and inner transformation founded on personal experience rather than dogmatic belief.
illbehere

druids =)

Post by illbehere »

hello ^.^
I know theres a druid already here but hes quite busy (no offence)
so I went in search of a coven recently, and I found I can't join till I'm 18, but still.
I found a coven of druids, and the leader agreed to meet up with me.
we did (of course I brought a friend, safety first haha).
he wasn't at all what I expected xD but he was very nice.
basically he told me a little of the history of druids.
At the end of our meeting he asked for questions, which I said I didn't have any.
anyway, his chain was weird, it had Ogham (ancient Celtic language involving lines), dunno what it said but it looked nice.
We had coffee and he gave me books on the mythology of the druids.
He says the best place to start off learning about druids, is the mythology and events of the past =)
I was wondering if anyone would like me to ask him anything for you,
or if you prefer, I can ask him for his e-mail and you can ask him yourself.
His name is Luke Eastwood.
He's very patient, he allowed me 1 month to read 3 books, and gave me 1 book to keep.
The only books were:
The Philosopher And The Druids By Philip Freeman
Celtic - Myths And Legends By T. W. Rolleston
Echoes Of A Savage Land By Joe McGowen
He gave me a printed off sheets: "The Celtic Heroic Age, 93 - 96 Selections From The Fin Cycle Trans John Carey.
He gave me a book to keep permanently also, The Journey By Joseph Dawton.
At the moment I've only read a short bit of The philosopher and the druids.
It accounts of meetings between the druids and Alexander the Great at the start, Alexander seemed to think the druids a very weird folk, and the druids did not flatter him when he said "what scares you" they simply replied "nothing" whereas most would have replied "why, of course, YOU Alexander"

So yeah, I'm enjoying this read =) and I would recomment you check out these books. If you have any questions please feel free to post below and I'll bring a list to him to answer haha xD
Short questions please though, I don't want to keep him there for hours on end :P
He agreed that reading is great, but practicing is better.
I'm going to be going to his house every so often to practice druidry there,
he also told me I should go to the woods and talk alone for a while, which I think would be nice.
He's a pretty normal guy, not very devoted, but still willing to teach me.
He never was interested in druidry until he was 21.
he told me e it's better to start young like I am.
It was kinda weird, before I got to the place we were meeting, I felt a surge of power, like I was drunk off energy, and yesterday I felt drained after meeting with him. It was like he was radiating power and I was unable to handle it.
So yeah, any questions.. go below :P
I hope you enjoy reading this. I just wanted to share my experiences ^^.
I'm writing a sort of druidry diary of my progress, if I find I'm still interested in it.
I'm considering going to a moot nearby me, it's in an old barn, I love old buildings, they're lovely ^^ so yeah MAYBE :P.
I'm done talking now. Don't wanna bore you guys xD.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Re: druids =)

Post by Symandinome »

I'm very excited for you. This sounds like a great adventure. You did the right thing by taking a friend with you. You never know if someone is going to be a weirdo. Protect yourself magickally also though. Even if the person(s) are not a physically threat they can be threats in other ways as well. I dont "feel" you have anything to worry about with this guy. Just do it though "just in case". :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Here is Mr. Eastwood's website: lukeeastwood.com/

Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Congrats on finding someone to help point you in the right direction. Just remember, safety first. :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Vesca wrote:Congrats on finding someone to help point you in the right direction. Just remember, safety first. :)
I wonder how illbethere's foray studying Mr. Eastwood's work has been in the last three years (the OP above is from 2011). I notice he visited this board as recently as last month, so he's still around. I really just posted that link for others who might be interested in studying Mr. Eastwood's work, since illbethere said he is already acquainted with him, and probably didn't need it. Your advice is well-needed for all, though, Vesca.

illbehere

Post by illbehere »

I veer on and off this site to be honest im hoping to be more active soon.

I'm obviously a significant amount older than when I wrote this post. So I guess you might be wondering how it all went.

I met him a second time and I guess I realized he was lovely but druidry wasn't the home for me I had hoped so I gave him back his books and thanked him for his time. I kept up studying Wicca until one day I got scared and stopped.

Weird things were happening the more I practiced. Birds aimed for our car, and we almost crashed everytime I was in the car. Everyone was saying they never almost crashed before until I was in the car.

So me being so young I realized I had no idea what I was messing with. I stupidly did a spell back then to summon a demon and had no luck. Basically I was young and foolish. I did a banishing spell just to be safe then I guess I just hung up my wand for good.

I do plan on returning now though, I feel like the time is right now that im 20. I look forward to being active on the forums. Hopefully this was a fun surprise sudden reply for you all.

Sorry for Bringing an old post back but I know personally if I was the people above I would still be curious years later smile emoticon
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi there illbehere, it will be good to see you around again.
We all go though our ups and downs, perhaps we can assist you on your journey?
Many blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Druids and Druidry”