Britain woke up....is the United States next?

A forum for people who follow or are interested in the spiritual path of Druidry (whether neopagan, mesopagan, or reconstructionist), the ancient Druids, and Celtic culture.

Modern Druidry is a 300 year old path that focuses on nature spirituality and inner transformation founded on personal experience rather than dogmatic belief.
reikihealer83

Britain woke up....is the United States next?

Post by reikihealer83 »

Hi All,

Saw this on CNN.com this morning. Britain has finally recognized Druidry as a legitamate religion there! So happy! Here is the link. I wonder if the United States is next?

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/0 ... us/?hpt=C1
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Sadly, I think it will be a while before such happens as America has this whole "We're a nation founded on God", which is a lie in the first place, but unfortunately too many have been lied to. It would be nice though, or if they just did away with recognized religion so it didn't matter in the first place, except all or it doesn't matter. My thoughts about it anyways.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Yes, I think you are right. I mean it is not illegal here but it is not easy to say that one is not a Christian for the reasons you stated. I think the principles of how the nation was formed (freedom of religion) have gotten bastardized so much over the centuries that the reality of it has gotten so lost and stuff that it will take a huge shift to get it back again.
Serendipity

Re: Britain woke up....is the United States next?

Post by Serendipity »

The Druidic faith would be considered “one of the Earth based faiths” that is covered under the “umbrella of Wicca” in the United States and Wicca was recognized by the government decades ago as a legitimate religion.
Sythan

Re: Britain woke up....is the United States next?

Post by Sythan »

Wicca and Paganism are already legal religions here that enjoy Tax Free Status. Same with Satanism and the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Anyone can make a religion and it will be legal so long as it is registered through the United States Government. A bonus is that if your religion qualifies, it can become Tax Deductible.

I believe the US Government recognizes Paganism as followers of the Wiccan, Pagan, Kimetic, Esoteric, and Druid and Celtic Faiths.

Return to “Druids and Druidry”