Investigating the Druid path

A forum for people who follow or are interested in the spiritual path of Druidry (whether neopagan, mesopagan, or reconstructionist), the ancient Druids, and Celtic culture.

Modern Druidry is a 300 year old path that focuses on nature spirituality and inner transformation founded on personal experience rather than dogmatic belief.
edgewalker

Investigating the Druid path

Post by edgewalker »

I am curious about the Druid path. I have felt now for the longest time that an ancestral spirit has been calling me to the celtic way. I have read some info on Druidry and much of it speaks to my spirit, but I do admit not all. I have seen the post about being a Christian Witch, what about being a Christian Druid? Would love to hear some imput on this topic.

edgewalker
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Good Morning Edgewalker!

I follow the Druid path in my spirituality. I was raised in a Christian home but I was born with a Celtic bloodline and after some investigating I found out that the druid path was practiced by a lot of my family and the knowledge was passed down. My father did not pass it down to me but he did admit it was part of us. I blend both the Druid love of nature and the beliefs of Christianity (love, respect, etc) and it works well. I suggest reading "The Druids: Priests of Nature" and some other books about the Druids to get an idea of how to start. Also, "The Solitary Druid" (I think that is the title) may be of some help too. Keep us up to date and feel free to ask more questions!
edgewalker

Post by edgewalker »

Good Day Rekihealer83,

Thank you for the encouragement. I will check out the books you suggested. As I have been reading some of the history of the Druids and Christianity I have noticed that many of the Druids seemed to transition to Christianity fairly easily. Of course I know there were also bad transitions but it does seem that for some reason Christianity and Druidry appeared to blend well togethter. I don't have much knowledge of the theology of the Druids but I am curious to know if they had similar tales and stories as the Chrsitians believed and that maybe is why the blending seem to occur.
I don't think that any of my family ever mentioned Druidry but they all seem to have a connection to earth. My great grandmother was Welsh and I often wonder if she could be the one calling to me to this path. I also know that my ancestral tree is filled with numerous celtic groups. I can't explain it and some people think I'm off my nut but it feels as though
this drawing is coming from deep within, I call it spiritual DNA, it is linked to my bloodline, my ancestors. Do you think that is possible?
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

That is very possible that it is a DNA pull. If your family members had been exposed to and took up the Druid path they may have taught others in your family and even if it was not passed to you the connection can still remain. I wish you luck and if you need help please feel free to ask!
edgewalker

Post by edgewalker »

Thanks! I'm sure I will have some more question as I progress. It is nice to have a place to be able to ask them freely!

edgewalker

Return to “Druids and Druidry”