Spell Timing/Days of the Week

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
The White Rabbit

Spell Timing/Days of the Week

Post by The White Rabbit »

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question- but for those of you who factor days of the week into spell-casting, when does a day "end" for the purposes of spells? For example, if I wanted to incorporate Monday's correspondences into my working, but began late at night, would I need to finish by midnight to see the same impact? Or does something else mark the "start" of the next day (e.g. sunrise, a particular hour, etc.)? Thanks in advance.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spell Timing/Days of the Week

Post by Firebird »

Hey! long time no see. welcome back!
Not dumb to ask.
I think for the sake of ease and convivence many folks use the traditional hours of the day and then that would end at midnight. With the next day technically starting at 12:01. Although I also feel things aren't hard and fast at any given moment of the day, there are overlaps and layers. One blends into the next like the tides on the beach.
Planetary hours might be the way to go if your looking for a really magical way of incorporating energy into a working. Here's some info on that.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32577
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
The White Rabbit

Re: Spell Timing/Days of the Week

Post by The White Rabbit »

firebirdflys wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:37 pm Hey! long time no see. welcome back!
Not dumb to ask.
I think for the sake of ease and convivence many folks use the traditional hours of the day and then that would end at midnight. With the next day technically starting at 12:01. Although I also feel things aren't hard and fast at any given moment of the day, there are overlaps and layers. One blends into the next like the tides on the beach.
Planetary hours might be the way to go if your looking for a really magical way of incorporating energy into a working. Here's some info on that.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32577
BB, FF
Thanks!

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”