Does Anyone Work with Pendulums?

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
Blu-Luna

Does Anyone Work with Pendulums?

Post by Blu-Luna »

I just got into Pendulums thanks to the Good Folk and was wondering if anyone has got any good tips for a beginner or have any book suggestions? I purchased a Shungite pendulum that really is interesting!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Does Anyone Work with Pendulums?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Omg I luv shungite & have used pendulums for quite a while. Most pendulums come with an average 6-7" chain and that's a good length, and you can get interesting results outdoors with 24" string for dowsing. You can make paper charts with any subject category you're making choices about or draw a quick ouija board.

Start each session by asking to be shown the yes & no motions & then ask a Q you know the Y/N answer to just to get started. Then go on with your session. The "trick" is to not care overly much what the response is. Then you don't inhibit the response.
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Yay! Thanks for the awesome tips SpiritTalker!!!
Coven

Post by Coven »

My pendulum knowledge keeps increasing with time ~ I have a relationship with my pendulum ~ I just use it a lot

sometimes I get on google maps and ask the pendulum about businesses

what grocery store to shop at

mechanic

martial arts school

metaphysical store

I pretty much ask my pendulum about everything anymore
:-|
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

Yes, I began working with pendulums ever since I was a kid. I stopped, then years later I got into pendulums again for healing and dream interpretation. My first crystal pendulum has an 18" chain which is the right length to dangle over my body to clear out my energy field. Plus I can shorten the chain for answering questions. Over the years, I added more crystal pendulums to my collection.

They are now specialized for certain categories. They seem to have done it all by themselves as I was not concerned at all about categorizing them to respond to the categories. For example, my amethyst pendulum will respond to questions that are only related to health. Not all of my questions fit in the categories which means I have two pendulums which respond to those questions.

Here's a book I have in my library, "Pendulum Magic For Beginners" by Richard Webster that might be of interest to you. It's a good place to start. The book does not mention that pendulums are spiritual tools and should be consecrated with protection from interfering energies/energy. I also haven't seen it mentioned online.

What I've done to a few of my pendulums is enchant them. I included consecrating them, protecting them from interference which includes me and to have them work only for me because I don't want anyone else using my crystal pendulums. If someone wants to play with a pendulum, then I'll let them use a glass one.

When I calibrate them, I say, "Please show me yes." Watch it swing. "Please show me no." Watch it swing in a different direction. Then I ask, "Do you want to help me?" If the answer is yes, then I continue. If no, then I pick another pendulum and repeat until I get a yes. The swinging motions are very consistent and it's because I enchanted my main go-to pendulums. When I'm finished with a session, I hold the crystal in my hand and say, "Thank you."

Here's a fun thing I did with a friend because she showed interest in pendulums. I took a pendulum and went to her place for a visit. I took out my pendulum and I held it. We got to talking about dream interpretation and journaling. I didn't say a word. I watched the pendulum swing as she talked. I noticed when it agreed and disagreed with what she said. I learned something new about using pendulums...it works for other people even when they're not holding a pendulum and someone else is. At the time, the pendulum was not enchanted so I'm not sure if that'll make a difference.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”