Samhain rituals?

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
autumnchild

Samhain rituals?

Post by autumnchild »

Hello.
I am pretty new to wicca and not experienced with rituals and I don't have a lot of tools.
I practice alone because I am not aware of any covens in my town.
I am looking for rituals that can be practiced indoors.
It'll be my first samhain celebration and any general advice for good ways to spend samhain is welcomed.
I'd google but there is so much to go through and so hard to know what is a good source and what isn't.
Advice on good websites to find info is welcomed also.

Blessed be. smileylove :flyingwitch:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Samhain rituals?

Post by SpiritTalker »

On my 1st Samhain I'd used some family photos & my parents wedding rings for an ancestor display on a table with a couple votive candles. I cast a circle but didn't invoke anything. The table was against a wall & I did the circle right up to the the wall. I figured energy passes thru the wall.

I didn't have tools - i used a cereal bowl for incense & a couple coffee mugs for offering "libation", a saucer of salt & must've used another bowl for water. the "table" was dad's old Army foot locker.

How I did a circle: I made 3 rounds - 1-Spritzed the area around with salt-water to cleanse, 2-blessed by wafting around the area with some incense & then centered myself to 3-project an energy circle - pull energy to the belly, load, aim & shoot thru my fingers. Start at east, walk round clockwise & end where i started for each round. Then I bowed to the four directions individually - no fancy words - & hailed deity as Mother Nature because I didn't know names yet.

Then I did the ancestor appreciation. I greeted each relative by name as I held their photo & thanked them for the life I had because of them (good & bad). Then asked the stars to bless them in return. I'd brought 2 cups of coffee - one for me the other for the ancestors, and drank mine as a toast to them, relaxing on the floor & remembering get togethers. (Later I took their coffee outdoors & poured it on the ground for Nature.)

Then, still on the floor, I did a divination for the coming quarter of the year with my Gypsy Witch deck of cards. They have the meanings printed on each card.

Finally I thanked the 4-directions & Nature & imagined the circle fading into the floor boards, sparkling thru all the support beams & sinking into the earth below the basement.
BlackMirror

Re: Samhain rituals?

Post by BlackMirror »

autumnchild wrote:Hello.
I am pretty new to wicca and not experienced with rituals and I don't have a lot of tools.
I practice alone because I am not aware of any covens in my town.
I am looking for rituals that can be practiced indoors.
It'll be my first samhain celebration and any general advice for good ways to spend samhain is welcomed.
I'd google but there is so much to go through and so hard to know what is a good source and what isn't.
Advice on good websites to find info is welcomed also.

Blessed be. smileylove :flyingwitch:
The weather here is cold by October. I set up an altar for the night on my kitchen table. Photos, pumpkins, goddess statues, then share a meal with them all. This year it's duck, kale and pumpkin pie. Cider and ale. I will make up good hot cocoa for the wights. It's going to rain this year too so I am collecting the water for incense.

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”