What are some of the issues that Pagans face?

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
tiniestsalmon

What are some of the issues that Pagans face?

Post by tiniestsalmon »

Hello all, it's been a minute! :)

I am continuing my studies and a question came to mind...

What kind of issues do Pagans face?

Naturally everyone has problems that life will throw at you. Bills need to be paid, car needs to be fixed, personal or the health of a loved one, relationships, etc...

But what are some of the issues that you face personally in your walk? As a new witch, seasoned Wiccan, Asatru, Druid, etc?
Ashrend

Re: What are some of the issues that Pagans face?

Post by Ashrend »

As a new witch that can't drive I'm cut off from any witches in real life that I could go see which is annoying as hell. As a draconian Mage I don't have anyone who has the knowledge to pass down to me, I just have to piece things together and trust my gut feeling
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I am usually dealing with spirits, lol.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I don't like it when strangers confront me and insist I'm a devil worshiper because of the pentacle I'm wearing.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Siona

Post by Siona »

Lack of a community locally. Sometimes even if there are other pagans around, they're usually Wiccan or of a similar tradition, which doesn't 'help' me.

When I was younger someone 'outed' me at school, and that caused some fun issues. I was banned from a few hardcore Christian houses because, you know, as a non-Christian I was immediately immoral. I wasn't even friends with these people, these parents had never met me... and oh my, if only they knew what their children were into, they might have worried more about them than someone they'd never met... As an adult my friends group has become fairly stable, so to speak, and none of them care about my religion, so it's not something I find really affects me much these days, but it was an issue for a good while.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

We deal with the pros and cons of confronting our inner landscape, and with the unseen worlds and their inhabitants. In some cases that can include psychic experiences which, by nature seldom come with instructions & can throw a monkey wrench into a person's day. There's occasional hostility from mainstream believers.

Also empaths find close living conditions of urban society a stress.

And on the brighter side, a broader awareness is gob-smackin' delightful. And if you enjoy it too visibly, some dud-head thinks you' re high on something and wants some of the action. I think Pagans in general are freer to enjoy living while still taking it seriously.
tiniestsalmon

Post by tiniestsalmon »

I can't help but see a loose theme...It would appear that (as Siona has mentioned) "community" is a consistent struggle.

This begs the question, how do you deal with it?
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

First I will ask, and of course you do not have to answer:

Do you live in the United States and if so, what general area?

I am in California, and there are many gatherings, with many attendants. Same as in Oregon, with it's Country Fair, Renn Fests, and Faerieworlds.

I would link you to another site here, but I can not remember the rules on that.

However, check Witchvox for many, many, pages of classes , organizations, and festivals.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Ashrend wrote:As a new witch that can't drive I'm cut off from any witches in real life that I could go see which is annoying as hell. As a draconian Mage I don't have anyone who has the knowledge to pass down to me, I just have to piece things together and trust my gut feeling
If you haven't look up the book dancing with dragons. I recently stumbled across it at one of the stores I visit. Also if you'd like I can contact a coven in the Topeka area that actually does some with draconic energy. I only recently ran across one of their members.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Community is always an issue until you get to more populous areas. Kansas City has a quite a few that I've run into and a camp out to the west of the city. Even so attendance is sometimes an issue.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Yeah I've got that book already, slowly reading through it. Appreciate any help you can offering with the group
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned being pagan. A new coworker said, "Oh. I know. You're Wiccan." I looked at him and said , No. I'm pagan."

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Lmao XD that's why I don't tell anyone I know coz it's too hard and difficult to make them understand , it's hard enough to wrap my own head around it me never mind anyone else XD
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I'm old. I don't care what people think. I have earned the right to be eccentric.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Lack of community I live on a council estate which is chav land so while I do have to do ritual indoors I do still wear my pentacle in public.
I've lost friends because they are ignorant especially in the case of a good friend of mine who's athiest who tried to tell me that because I don't believe the harm none rule is absolute that im a false wiccan *sighs*
Dating is a issue I found when I first started on this path until I realized I'm happy by myself. Mainly due to the fact I was open about what I am and I got stupid questions from guys ranging from "do you practice sex magick to do you call up demons to I've googled Wicca why are all the pages coming up witch craft".
I would love to hang around with other pagans as even though I'm a introvert I imagine I could learn a lot from other witches.

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”