Getting Started

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
PhoenixRising

Re: Getting Started

Post by PhoenixRising »

SpiritTalker wrote:KNOW YOUR LOCALE. Know about your geographic location, it's history, and the lay of the land and your neighborhood. Get out and feel Nature. Feel the Earth's energies at dawn, noon, dusk, & midnight.
This is something I've always done, ever since I was a child. And I've always had an excellent sense of direction, and a strong memory of which way I came, should I get turned around (or "lost," as my ex used to insist :lol: ).

Admittedly, I do need to get out and feel the wonders of Nature more often.
frostarei

Post by frostarei »

Thank you so much for all of this. I am especially finding the information on grounding, centering and shielding extremely helpful as energy visualization was always something I've struggled with. I also never realized it before but I was organizing my elemental altar representations with the correct polarity even though I actually didn't know them. My old altar was actually a little head board with shelves so it was kinda long and thin horizontally. My items had to live in a line.
BlueSpell

Post by BlueSpell »

I just wanted to say thank you for this informative post! As a new practitioner, I was shocked to discover how much of this I was already doing just naturally because it felt right. I have already taken some notes and I'll be coming back here to pour over this even more thoroughly. I love getting new ideas from others to incorporate into what I'm doing. I know there are no rules to all of this, but certainly seeing what has worked for others and trying it for myself enhances the experience. Thanks again! :D
SilverSpin

Post by SilverSpin »

Hi, I'm new to the forum (and many of these practices). I know this is an older thread but the amount of information on here is mind blowing; thank you so much. I can see much reading coming up! Thank you.
SilverSpin

Post by SilverSpin »

SpiritTalker wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:42 pm Hey SilverSpin :wave: You’re welcome to add comments to any thread that isn’t locked, and I hope you enjoy the journey. If there’s any Q we can help with just ask.
Thank you, Spirit Talker, I really appreciate all of the information on here (this thread and the forum as a whole). So much for me to start trying to absorb into my day to day living. Thank you :D
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Sometimes getting started can be the biggest hurdle.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SilverSpin

Post by SilverSpin »

firebirdflys wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:17 pm Sometimes getting started can be the biggest hurdle.
Gosh that is ringing so true for me just now, FirebirdFlys! I've kind of dabbled/been interested in Wicca/Witchcraft/Magick and so on over the years but it was only recently that I decided I really wanted to learn more and understand more about it, and wanted to put time in each day to do that and try to get to know myself better as well, I think? And I have found it so hard, blockage after blockage, problem after problem, I keep feeling so stuck and really floundering. I'm keeping at it but I'm wondering if this is why I've only dabbled in the past - it starts to feel too hard so I give up maybe? Not giving up this time but yes, I think you're right, getting started can be a big hurdle.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well, you’ve already gotten started 😁. I’d suggest working at recognizing the feel of energy motion in response to your thoughts; the body’s energy centers each contribute functions according to our chakra conditions. To know more about yourself get to know your self as an energy body; feel and discern the chakras. Hold the open palm of your dominant hand 1-3 inches out from the body. Move upward from crotch-to-crown to open, and downward crown-to-crotch to close. Also use the old game of making psi balls between your hands 👏🏽 as a check on your vitality. If your tank is low add energy to the areas that felt low & don’t take away from the stronger areas. A pendulum held at each chakra can help with discernment. It takes a few weeks to recognize your own bio frequency so don’t fret. Always palm down after a session to close the chakras and ground your energy. Use centering - drawing power on the breath to the gut - to power up as needed. A good tip I was given is to be ever mindful of your energy.
Moongazer

Post by Moongazer »

This is great, thank you! I've just started learning about Wicca so this is amazing, really informative :flyingwitch:
Ellis Asher

Post by Ellis Asher »

Spirit Talker,

Greatly appreciate the exercise and just exercise I look forward to practice daily or more. My witch knowledge is very limited but wisdom dictates that patience and open mindedness will be quite useful.
Ellis Asher

Post by Ellis Asher »

Spirit Talker,

As a new member of the forum my question may seem completely unnecessary. However, better to err on the side of caution. Is it permitted to copy forum content or is asking proper etiquette?

Thanks!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hello Ellis, Most people do ask if they can copy someone's content to put in their book of Shadows. Here is some info on that viewtopic.php?t=27159
and just a heads up, SpiritTalker is a banned member, so she won't be answering anytime soon. Also check post dates to see if they are recent or check members profile to see if they have checked in recently when referring to someone directly.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”