should you uncurse someone who cursed themselves?

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
Hollerdoller

should you uncurse someone who cursed themselves?

Post by Hollerdoller »

So I am having a massive internal struggle with myself, and I would like some advice on this subject.

About a month ago, my bf's mother passed on, she was still young, only 49. Through out this difficult time, we have been surrounded by a lot of positive people and energy, however, there is this one person, whom I believe has cursed herself by her own actions during this time, and she has made both my bf and myself so mad, that while I do not wish to cause harm to her, I am soooooo tempted to just do nothing, but wish her well, and turn away.
I will make a list of her "offenses" in as clinical, and unemotional way as possible just sticking to the facts.

what she did is as follows:

1.) Hours after Ma passed, she came into the house, and took the smokes from the table beside where the woman had died.
2.) Every time she has talked to either myself or my bf, she has asked for something else that belonged to the deceased. (things like, all of the clothing, some of the jewelry, dishes, electronics, appliances, personal hygiene items, and a stuffed ram's head)
3.) up till two days ago, she was calling, texting, or stopping by every day.
4.) when she has stopped by, it was for hours (2-6) and she was trying to guilt us into making her dinner like she used to do to the deceased quite often.
5.) when we had cleaned out the deep freeze of food that myself and bf where not going to eat, we had put it in boxes to give to a couple of old bachelors who needed it, and since he had no vehicle at the time, she offered to take it to them, and later we found out that she took most of it, and gave very little to who we had intended to give it to.

since she has done these, bad things keep happening to her, including a non life threatening illness, financial troubles, broken (expensive) items, and probably a more that I don't know about.

I am torn between trying to help her, because she is still human, and letting her deal with her own behavior, and what it has brought her.

any advise would be helpful.

thank you~
Do no harm, but take no shit :evilwitch:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: should you uncurse someone who cursed themselves?

Post by Firebird »

People get real weird when someone passes...suddenly the inner vulture comes out. ...Bleh.
Sorry this is happening, someone else may have some excellent advise.
So far it would seem you are being very gracious in the midst of a sad situation.
Light to you and the situation
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Becks

Post by Becks »

Hey Holler, this is so tough. I hope you and your BF are doing okay and supporting each other in this difficult time.

This person is actively thrashing about and continuing to behave questionably. I would maybe consider setting some healthy boundaries, energetically, and otherwise, and maybe send a little blessing for them to see some light. Beyond that....this person is making their own choices and still doing all kinds of stuff....not much you can do right now...well you could, but this person may still choose to make weird decisions.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Sometimes helping is just enabling. The woman believes she has no resources so she continually proves it to herself. She has to see her own role in her lack of resources. A general spell to assist her eye opening may be appropriate. Has she asked for help? Has anyone told her she is a nuisance?
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

hi there,
Hollerdoller wrote:however, there is this one person, whom I believe has cursed herself by her own actions during this time
From what you wrote about her actions, I think it seems more reasonable that she's been like this for awhile. The negative things (the so-called 'curse' on her) happening to her seem more a result from a life full of negative energy rather than one weekend of clingy-ness.

If you take the path of least resistance, it would be best just to mentally, emotionally, and physically distance yourself from the woman. Toxic people aren't worth being around.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I would wish her well, then run like hell.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Becks

Post by Becks »

Good strategy Snow.

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”