Am I Cursed? A Checklist for Testing Possible Maleficium

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
WaterMoon

Re: Am I Cursed? A Checklist for Testing Possible Maleficium

Post by WaterMoon »

Imperious wrote:
Seraphin Murmur wrote:You think it should be separated from the psychic attacks category?
Well... Aye.

As someone who practices malefic magic, I always consider psychic vampirism a very different thing; it's not part of my grimoire. It is technically a psychic attack, but the reason I don't consider it a hex or curse, similar to the other examples in that section, is because there are (in my experience) three discrete groupings:
  • 1) Unintentional psychic vampirism: The vampire doesn't know they're doing it, and wouldn't choose to if they became aware. This isn't malevolent, but still needs addressing - there are technically two victims.
    2) Intentional psychic vampirism (consent): The vampire deliberately does it, but only with "donors" (Michelle Belanger, et al). This shouldn't need any attention at all, and is considered morally acceptable.
    3) Intentional psychic vampirism (non-consent): Deliberate, and without the consent of a donor - a predatory practice. This is where you need legitimate defence, as you're a legitimate victim of this grouping.
So, you see, depending on what's actually going on, your response to it should really be quite different. If you're under unwarranted and unwanted attack, then a requirement for defence is universal, but that doesn't treat where the intent lies.

Sadly, a conventional psychic defence isn't enough when you're dealing with the most powerful of these creatures... Be they intentional, or not.
I'm probably way late to give my own opinions on this. HAHA. But here it is...

The way I view Vampyres is the same way I view magick. If a witch or pagan curses/hexes another individual; is magick now considered a psychic attack? No, just that spell in this particular situation is considered a psychic attack assuming if the witch/pagan only had bad intentions. My belief is that both Vampyres and magick can't be absolutely evil or absolutely good. Its about what our intentions are behind what it is that we are trying to accomplish.
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

okay, so.. 2 days ago, I broke up with my boyfriend. He then send me a message, he would leave where he lives now as he got a job offer somewhere else anyway. My new glass token broke (from a necklace), and when I did the dishes, one of our glas bowls broke - it just fell on the ground, for no reason? When I went to work, I sat in the bus full of people. Suddenly, I had to cough, really a lot, and it felt I almost choked? When two girls get off the bus, and they looked at me from outside. After this, the coughing stopped.
I had this before, when working in a very spiritually tense environment. Can this be cursing (I'm almost sure it was, as it all happened in one afternoon). We are still fine as friends. So I don't think it was him. But I am almost sure it had to be something spiritual. Now, I am looking for some help for shielding, and how to do this? Should I again look into something I could wear on me, for protection? Thank you's.
'love Love as Love loves itself
heal us, broken
stay with us, strength of the Earth'
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

Sorry, Seraphin, first, yes, this is a very good post and very relevant I guess? Thank you.. You mentioned also you working on another post about negative energies and entities - can I read it somewhere? Thank you so much! blessed be, enjoy the weekend
heal us, broken
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Sorry Hummingbird, Seraphin hasn't posted in some time...we still hold out hope that he will return someday.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

Oh no.. How unfortunate! He was a source of knowledge and kind? Thank you Firebirdflys for your reaction, though. BB
heal us, broken
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi hummingbird. Breakups are tough, but natural. It's possible you've created a chain of stress reactions after breaking up. That made your hands clumsy so you dropped small things, and stress prompts subtle telekinesis that pushed the bowl away so that it fell. Stress restricts breathing & can make you cough like you heave. Other people can sense your stress so they stare. These are all natural and not curses or being over-looked. You said you'd had this before in a tense (stress provoking) environment.

You can help yourself decompress with simple exercise. Look on YouTube for ideas.

Tai Chi for Beginners -8 minute exercise. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PNtWqDxwwMg
Queenx89

Post by Queenx89 »

Hi I'm new here but not new to the supernatural world and for some reason I was drawn to read this information. I wonder if I or my boyfriend is hexed do to continued job lose up and down one moment we're great next moment he's depressed the next he lose a job I take care of him and vise versa. This saga of losing places and jobs and some of everything in between had happened to frequently and we've only been together 4 year's. I know hard times can happe but I think something is at play in some way. I'm gonna do more research

What should I do? And where should I start?
barker

Post by barker »

Losing things (places, stability, sanity, money, anything...) is about care. Be to care about everything that actually matters to you both; get him to too.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've felt the underwhelming drudge of the "evil eye" in my time from a coworker. The quick fix was a salt-scrub & vinegar rinse in the shower to remove any attachments, followed by meditation sealing my aura; I also did a 7-day candle spell & Psalm reading (91 remove evil eye, 7&8 to remove hex). I feel these protective steps alerted me with a heads-up feeling when the coworker tried to make me sick by putting laxative in some soup as a spiteful prank. Someone else got the soup &staff caught on & any goodies she brought to share thereafter were secretly trashed by the staff.

I think that if somebody is on your case to do mischief there's going to be tip offs, maybe not recognized except in hindsight & not necessarily a full blown hex. Those take work, time & energy. The list of qualified acquaintances is most likely a short one, so if there are candidates then the return to sender variety of spells seems attractive.

And that being said it's more useful to take the energy that's been sent & convert it into positive force for protection & self-promotion. I'd read about this convert-&-repurposing being done by spiritual leaders in the Andes mountains rather than contributing to a return to sender spell so it can just be thrown back at you again, over & over, ad infinitum.

Summary: cleanse, shield, convert & repurpose
Astro Logical 1

Post by Astro Logical 1 »

What a valuable topic. The focus on discernment is wisdom of great importance.
Finding a cause to an invisible force with no real stamp of origin is much like finding a planet we cannot see. We must rely on gravity and it's effects to observe it's influence and by doing so can establish insight.
What a wonderful puzzle life gives us to piece together.
Love and Blessings
Joshmartinez

Post by Joshmartinez »

I wonder if anyone hear can help me with something? I went Sunday for a reading at this lady’s house. It was pretty accurate and she asked me to write my first and last name and birthdate along with someone else’s and what I wanted to happen. She then said she needed $800 to begin working on me, when I had just come in for a reading. I don’t want to contact her anymore, but my question is, how much damage could she do with our first and last names and birthdates (assuming she gets upset I don’t contact her).
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

She sounds like a scam artist and a fake. Use your sovereign power to cleanse & shield & transform any negative energy.

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... mogrifying
Joshmartinez

Post by Joshmartinez »

SpiritTalker wrote:She sounds like a scam artist and a fake. Use your sovereign power to cleanse & shield & transform any negative energy.

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... mogrifying
That’s what I was thinking too. Probably nothing to worry about? She even had me drive her to a botanica for something she needed to start working on me :roll: didn’t have any of her own matierials so that says a lot
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Joshmartinez wrote:I wonder if anyone hear can help me with something? I went Sunday for a reading at this lady’s house. It was pretty accurate and she asked me to write my first and last name and birthdate along with someone else’s and what I wanted to happen. She then said she needed $800 to begin working on me, when I had just come in for a reading. I don’t want to contact her anymore, but my question is, how much damage could she do with our first and last names and birthdates (assuming she gets upset I don’t contact her).

She got limited personal concern from you so I bet you could be shielded by doing basic protective works. The strongest taglock are provided by biological material like hair, nail clippings, saliva, etc. I am not saying though that one cannot cast an effective spell using names and birthdates, I am just saying that it's like looking people up on Facebook -- there may be what 2-3 people with the same name and same birthdate? Who knows.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hey there Seraphin !, really good to see you pop in :fairy: :flyingwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”