So curious: witchcraft beginnings

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
Sakura Blossom

Re: So curious

Post by Sakura Blossom »

jujumenay, why don't you head over to the member introductions subforum and introduce yourself so we can get to know you better!

It's totally normal to not agree with some things in the books you read or to agree with everything. What I'm trying to say by this is that everyone has their own set of beliefs and while reading can share some points of view, it will not give you everything. Some people prefer researching, some people prefer simply exposing themselves to the craft and finding things naturally on their own. I like doing a tiny bit of both.

It's very hard to answer your questions, though, if you're vague with what you are wanting to know and are looking for, so would you feel comfortable explaining what some of the things are that you're still interested in that you feel may interfere with the craft? I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question, but I get the impression that that is what you're trying to convey with your last sentence.

Also, what kind of research have you done so far?

Welcome to the forum and I hope we can be of great help!

Bright Blessings!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: So curious: witchcraft beginnings

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old FAQ -

Discerning
. Are you comfortable with spells within your current faith or spirituality?
. Is magic good or bad? Both? Neutral?
. As a Solitary there’s nothing that’s required to believe or renounce
. Spell crafting - Know your goal - to attract, to repel, to hold in place

Supplies that let you get going
Air -💨 incense or aerosol mist uses scent to set the mood
Fire 🔥-🕯candles, holders, matches; ⚱️Olive Oil to transfer & hold a psychic charge
Water💦 -🍷potion cup & 1-2 bowls
Earth 🪨 -🧂Salt for purifying, a palm-stone for stroking

🪨Useful stones - all purpose quartz - any stone will hold a psychic charge
🌿Useful herbs
. Basil - protection in spirit-travel; aids psychism, prosperity, romance
. Sage - use as incense to clear cross-currents & banish spirits
. Thyme - tea aids Fae "Sight"; Greek temple incense to dispel harm & honor deceased

Practice Psi Balls
1st ground yourself - think it to send your energy down the spine to root into the earth; draw power on the breath into the solar plexus to power-up; push energy from the belly & out thru your hands, palms facing👏🏽; move hands back & forth to feel a spongy pushback of casting energy. Shake hands to clear the energy.

Easy Sacred Space
. Just once, before setting up gear, meditate in your space to fill the area with good vibes
. Cleanse the table, incense it, dab & spread oil to hold a charge & magnetize it 🙌🏽
. Thereafter, place gear inside your planned workspace; start & end each pass at north
. 🧹sweep a circular space ↪️ widdershins to cleanse, light incense, cast 👉🏼 a 💫 deosil ↩️
. Optional- nod-a-greeting to the 4 directions & to divinity ✋🏽on❤️
. On holidays reflect on seasonal changes; on full moons meditate on the moon &/or do spells
. Farewell all you’ve greeted; the circle dissipates when walked through
. Go outside to greet the Genius Loci spirit of the place with a friendship offering - 🍞💦🍓

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”