help how to start

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
nightwolf

help how to start

Post by nightwolf »

hi
I'm new and want to learn how to be a wiccan but don't know how to start I know of the year and day of study but not really sure wat to do... and how to start
creatrix

Re: help how to start

Post by creatrix »

I highly recommend two books: The Outer Temple of Witchcraft and The Inner Temple of Witchcraft, both by Christopher Penczack!

Is there anything particular about Wicca that you want to know? Are there any Gods/Goddesses that you are drawn to? What about the path makes you drawn to it?

For me I knew I was a witch at a young age and I was drawn to tarot, Ancient Egyptian lore, etc. I joined an open coven in 2005 and learned A TON about rituals - both Wicca and other. Most of my knowledge of magic came from self study however. I was practicing magic long before I was in that coven. I've been involved with another coven since but they have turned out to be too disorganized and I don't feel I am learning anything new from them. It can be hard to find the right coven. The original coven I joined dispersed because many members moved.
nightwolf

Post by nightwolf »

ok thank u I will read the books
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

nightwolf wrote:ok thank u I will read the books
Get the CD companions as well. You start with the Inner Temple book and then go to the Outer Temple.
nicoledianthus

Post by nicoledianthus »

What helped me was a lot of online research, scott cunninghams "Wicca" and this is a book that goes through something to learn every day for a year and a day that I loved

http://www.amazon.com/Wicca-Year-Spirit ... +day+wicca
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

My advice is to start by asking yourself what your own beliefs are. Ask yourself about what you believe in terms of divinity and spirits. Ask yourself what your thoughts are about magic. Are you looking for a religion or a spirituality. Are you looking for a magical craft to connect spiritually to the world around you or a craft to enhance your life. Ask yourself what your beliefs are about the afterlife and reincarnation. What do you think about a soul. Think about all of these questions. Use a page or more in a journal for each question. This will serve as the start of your spiritual journal. Good luck.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I recommend the following books: Wicca: A guide for the Solitary Pracititioner by Scott Cunningham and To Ride a Silver Broomstick by SIlver Ravenwolf. Both are very easy to follow and will help shed some insight and education to get you understanding what Wicca is.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

One way to simply get started is to start simply. Book suggestions have been given and you can browse the book reviews in the Media Section for good reads.

Wicca - Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham is a free pdf
https://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/relig ... tioner.pdf

. 📖Read “Wicca” & then skim the text again for high points & jot down your Qs in a 📒 notebook to ask people here.
. A year & a day is to experience the significance of annual earth & moon cycles, the Elements, the circle rites, identify tools (you don’t need them to start), so that’s what you study.
. ⚽️Practice psi balls: pull energy on the breath to your solar plexus, think it & push power to your hands 👏🏽, palms facing. Move hands back & forth to feel a subtle pushback of energy. Shake your hands off to clear. Psi Balls are little balls of intention to charge spells.
. 🌳Go outside & engage your empathic senses, greet the genius loci of Nature - write about that too. Leave friendship offerings.
. Build a starter kit - 🕯candles, 🥢incense, ☕️cup,🧂salt, ⚱️olive oil, 🪨 palm stone
. Prep sacred space - ↪️sweep OR spritz salt-water; light incense; 👉🏼cast a simple circle ↩️ deosil, like doing psi balls. You don’t need to summon anything. You’ll learn embellishments soon enough but Keep It Simple for Starters. For example you could air-draw 👆🏽an invoking pentagram ↙️🌟 to open a rite and do a banishing pentagram ↗️🌟 to close a rite.
. .

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”