DISCUSSION: White, Grey, & Black Magic

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
Greek_Male_Witch

Easier Black than White?Am I bad?

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I haven't practiced black magic for a long time, and thats because I realized how wrong it was and it didn't solved any problems, but I was thinking yesterday that I feel that its easiest to achieve a black magic spell (aka harming someone-not satanism and stuff) than a white one, does this mean I'm actually a bad person? because I honestly worry about it, I mean why it comes so....natural to me that if I do a black spell will work easiest, than a positive one? what are your thoughts?
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
jujupanda

Re: Easier Black than White?Am I bad?

Post by jujupanda »

your only evil if YOU think you are no one can tell you whats right or wrong for yourself
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

I've never practiced black magik nor have I studied it. I don't think you're evil. But harming someone for your personal gain is a very negative action. I think you should stick with white magik. Remember positive attracts positive while negative attracts negative :)
Blessed be
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

The reason it is easier to use magick for negative reasons is because it's easier to manipulate the energy that way. It's a shortcut which tends to lead to unfortunate outcomes for all involved.

If you think of it as a physical altercation then it is easier to end the dispute by hitting the person than by talking it out, however, talking it out is the best course. The easiest way to remember it is,"Just because it's easy, doesn't make it right".

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask. :)
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
AMwitch05

Post by AMwitch05 »

Well I never did black magick but ive heard of a few people i know of doing it and certain people who i will not disclose did it for the right reasons. But personally i try to stay away from it. :(
p3nathan

Post by p3nathan »

Well I don't use the terms white and black magic, because I've always disagreed with the idea that darkness or dark colours means bad, while everything bright instantly means it's good.

But anyway... it's easy to feel terrible, calling yourself a wicked witch. Our heads have been filled with images of evil green women chasing little girls and munchkins around. I do not think you're a bad person. You are human. When we are wronged, most of us like the idea of seeing the same or worse happen to the culprit (whether we'd like to admit it or not). Also, if someone has done something bad, the desire to get them back will empower your spell... these emotions can often be more natural at times like that than casting a positive spell generally. It doesn't make you bad, just be very careful.
Althara

Post by Althara »

"A witch who cannot harm cannot heal."
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

That's true Althara...but everything gets confusing if you follow the Wiccan Rede and then harm someone through magick..
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
CristryShannon

Post by CristryShannon »

I tried once a black magic spell and it realy took all my energy and i wasn't well for almost 4-5 days...Well in my opinion doing a spell black or white is because you want sth right? Black magic have lots of staff that makes you WANT to make them...Wanting to do a black magic spell or even doing it but then realising how wrong it was and ask for forgiveness it doesn't make you a bad person...because you real know who you are and gods and goddesses know your soul better than enyone...Black spells are the easiest and that's why they are "calling" you more easily...Well that's my opinion :)
Blessed be
The best words of <3 are hidding into the silence of a look...
What can't be heard it doesn't mean that it's not there...!
StarWolf

Post by StarWolf »

First of all i would like to say that i am against the calling to this kind of magic "black magick", and i even do not call it with colors because magic is the tool and the user is the one who uses it, so magick is not black or white.
Anyway, i wouldn't say you are a bad person because you have used or you want to use black magic at this time.
At some point all of us want to do it because it is the easier way to solve things.
Every person has it inside. We must agree... That kind of magick was practiced by many people and it is still been practiced right now, and not every one who does that is evil - he is just making wrong desicions.

I would not only look about how "evil" or "bad" i am for using that, that is just the human nature.
I would look at;
-The person who is being harmed because of you
-The fact that you solve things with the bad way, and you do not deal with life in the right way
-Things that might happen because of doing the spell (back firing, karma,etc).
-The fact that you do something that does not suppost to happen, if a banish someone and make him leave - who said this is my job to do it?

We have to get along with life without letting magic solve out everything, we can harm innocent people and yourself by using it.
We have to deal with life and love it, using magic for wrong purpuses definately does not worth it....
Victoria Mnemosyne

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

I've been thinking on this topic a lot, as a witch who sometimes uses dark magic.

I like to get rid of the boundary between "magical" and "mundane" morality. Look at it as the same. Sure, you may sometimes do things that conflict with your personal moral code, ie that time you lost your temper and got in a fist fight, that time you told your mom you hate her, that time... you get the idea. Doing these things doesn't make us evil or a bad person. It just means you messed up. It happens.

I think the fact that you feel uncomfortable having used dark magic at all says something about you. It says that you're probably pretty firmly in the "white witch" category.

Dark magic isn't for everyone, and that's fine. But using dark magic, in my opinion, doesn't make you a dark witch. It's feeling comfortable using it and making it part of your practice that does that. You still look pretty white to me :P
Magus caster

Post by Magus caster »

I hope no one gets me wrong but I too feel that it is easier to choose black magic. I have practiced it before and more often do I get better results than with white magic. Here is something that I like to say;
"The path you take is your path.
The choice you make is your choice.
The results you get are based on your emotions.
Only when you think about your choice and change your path you shall get the results that you need."

I usually perform black magic at time when I am aggressive and angry but afterwords I regret the choice I made, want to change my results and choose a different path.

You and only you can choose your path and your choice but the results are based on will-power.

Many bright blessings,
Magus Caster
Witches are their own alliance, their own life. They are their own breed and they are their own species. We are different from the modern man and are more in tune with the spiritual side of life.
xXxGrigorixXx

Post by xXxGrigorixXx »

personaly i don't believe magick is good or evil ,macigk is magick it's the intentions we put behind it. people choose to use "black" magick does not make them evil, magick can be used either way. i use both "black" and "white" magick, but i generally stick to the more positive than the negative i only use it when people need a reality check. but just because i choose to use black magick does not make me evil or a bad person . everyone is free to choose whats right for them ,what path is right for them. no one has the right to judge anyone for their choices . :flyingwitch:
xXx~The Fallen ~xXx
Jonjonsalinas_

DISCUSSION: White, Grey, & Black Magic

Post by Jonjonsalinas_ »

Hi all! For the time I have been a practicing Wiccan, I have seen a lot of controversy about "black magick" and "white magick" and a lot of "magick is neutral". I have seen quite a bit of people use this Gray magick to justify doing curses, hexes, and other commonly frowned upon practices in the witch community.

Now I know that some people get offended when they say "Going to do a curse on ____ because they hexed me and I'm getting them back!" And when someone says "isn't that black/Dark magick?" They get really angry for some reason and throw out the Gray magick theory.

So here's my question: although all magick is neutral, at what point should it be considered black/Dark or white/Light magick?
Bright blessings,
Jonathon
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dark and Light magick - or Gray?

Post by Xiao Rong »

You know, I want to get away from the whole black/white magic framework altogether. There's this whole thing where I would hope that as Witches we can reclaim symbols like darkness and nighttime, which have been unfairly demonized by a lot of Western culture. But also it seems to me that if you apply the same moral standard that you use for every day life, you shouldn't run into problems ... If you're doing magic for the wrong reasons (like out of spite, or because you like making people suffer, or for the lulz) then you've got a bigger problem with your moral compass as a whole. Like, why is hexing somebody any different morally from slashing someone's tires or something?
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”