How Do You Live a Spiritual Life Everyday?

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
Farore

How Do You Live a Spiritual Life Everyday?

Post by Farore »

When you wake up in the morning, until you go to bed at night, how do you live a spiritual life, day to day? How do you encorporate your spirituality into each ordinary day? What makes you decide to do a spell or ritual, actually what is the difference between a spell and ritual?

I practiced Wicca when I was young and had a falling out when my family discovered it. I finally live on my own and have craved being spiritual again the way that I wad, I'm just always... busy. Its wearing me down, leaving me empty and irritable. I want to be spiritual every day I just wonder what do you do??

Thanks.
Chalice

Re: How do you live Wiccan?

Post by Chalice »

I maintain an altar, with an image of the God and Goddess on it. Specifically I use Isis and Osiris. I use a crystal for each God to associate energies with them. I burn an incense stick or cone every day as an offering. I am trying to honour the four main sabbats and try to do a circle at every Esbat.

In one of the offerings for the free membership at Witchschool they have a course called: Living the Wiccan life. I haven't done it yet, but it's a lesson and test every week. It gives you things to do. It's free so... that's pretty good!
http://witchschool.ws/
Witchcraft & OBOD Druidry.
Farore

Post by Farore »

Thank you.

I've started that class and so far it is awesome. I'm only a few pages in and its already very eye opening. It will definitely make you see things from a different perspective. Thanks so much, this will help me a lot.

-Farore
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

Farore wrote:Thank you.

I've started that class and so far it is awesome. I'm only a few pages in and its already very eye opening. It will definitely make you see things from a different perspective. Thanks so much, this will help me a lot.

-Farore
Awesome! :flyingwitch:
Witchcraft & OBOD Druidry.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

I have some daily practices that I use to keep spirituality in my life. I work on my altars and I say prayers. Some of the work is ritualized and some of it is more meditative. I try and live by my ethical code and concepts as best I can. I do magical work when I feel the need to do it. I write blogs. I give offerings to spirits and I spend time with them. There is a really good thread I started Daily Practices that might be helpful to you.
LiebeUndLicht

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I see is my altar, (well, apart from my alarm clock :evilwitch: ) and I personally think my altar is really beautiful and it empowers me. I always try and incorporate the Wiccan Rede into my day to day activities.

I always do rituals on the Sabbats and Esbats, but I do a spell and a ritual if I need to do healing spells, because I'm pretty good at them if I say so myself :fairy: ok I sound really bigheaded in this... But I think that's pretty much all I can say.

Blessed be :flyingwitch:
Not all scars show and not all wounds heal. Sometimes you never truly see the pain that someone feels.
Farore

Post by Farore »

Thank you guys. Its very interesting to hear. I've gathered a few things at a local shop but haven't got everything for my altar yet. I burn sandalwood oil in the morning while I drink my coffee. I love the smell, it gets my senses going and helps me get into a spiritual place. I also take my dog for a long walk in the evening when it cools off. I walk him to these two ponds outside of town and walk him around them. I make sure to leave my phone at home, technology is very distracting. It really has a healing effect to be in a wide open place in nature with a beautiful view and plantlife and animals everywhere. Last night we walked right by a rabbit, about 5 foot away from us and it didnt even move. :) Everyday I try to think of the energy that lives in everything. Praying is sort of hard for me to incorporate, I really need to spend more time thinking of the God and Goddess. But I really feel silly when I try to pray or something like that on a daily basis. I'm awkward and don't really have the best self image or self esteem so I just have a hard time with that. I did meditate and think of them and asked them to help me grow and learn, to help erase any doubts (science). I don't have any doubts any more and that makes me feel much more content.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How Do You Live a Spiritual Life Everyday?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Living a spiritual life focuses on your values. Act accordingly. You can choose to set aside time for devotions like lighting a gratitude candle & gazing at the flame to sharpen your mental focus to aid meditation; use your empathic ability to sense and greet the genius loci and making friendship offerings; pick up litter and 🚮, reduce your use of plastics; feed birds, clean up after the dog, plant a garden, shovel snow for handicapped folk, hold your tongue, play nice, practice good health.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I try to burn an incense stick every morning with some gratitude prayers.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Pink

Post by Pink »

Farore wrote: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:36 pm When you wake up in the morning, until you go to bed at night, how do you live a spiritual life, day to day? How do you encorporate your spirituality into each ordinary day? What makes you decide to do a spell or ritual, actually what is the difference between a spell and ritual?

I practiced Wicca when I was young and had a falling out when my family discovered it. I finally live on my own and have craved being spiritual again the way that I wad, I'm just always... busy. Its wearing me down, leaving me empty and irritable. I want to be spiritual every day I just wonder what do you do??

Thanks.
Living a spiritual life for me means that I make an effort to be aware what goes around me. I try and do my best to separate my garbage, mind what I buy in plastic.I don't have long showers and mind my electricity as well. I don't fly anymore nor do I own a car.I do what I can within my means. When it comes to Witchcraft, I meditate, work on myself and my shadow. I do tarot readings for myself. I learn and read as much as I can. But the most important thing for me is that you are aware of your behaviour in your daily life.Be conscious. I don't follow a strict path. I read about Wicca/Witchcraft and take what suits me. I also don't feel the need to be in a coven and I don't follow mainstream new age spirituality. I quit all social media. I also don't do spells because spells are a last resort. There is always a mundane way to deal with things. I don't do rituals either. I am a secular Witch.
Most importantly, I have always followed my own path without the advice of others. I keep my Witch life to myself and never call myself a Witch. Why not? Because it feeds you ego.

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”