Hey guys, where are all the great animal stories ???

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Hey guys, where are all the great animal stories ???

Post by SnowCat »

I've had a couple of those encounters. I think it's a cat in the garage, until I get a better look. Then it's "Oh! Hi. How are you?" Then I back away nice and slow.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have 4 indoor cats. So today, my tortoise shell cat decided to show the feral cat i feed outside just whose turf it was. As I was collecting the empty dish in the predawn glimmer, she snuck out. She was gone well past noon, and I went outside a couple of times to call her & look under bushes, etc. Then, just after coming in from one of these fruitless hunting excursions, I heard frantic scratching at the door. I opened up immediately, and the escapee came in at a trot. But did she dash to her food or water bowl? Nope. She made a bee line to the litter box! :shock: With all of the outdoors to pee in, she came back home to use the facilities. Cats! They make their own rules. :mrgreen:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I've probably told this one before ..
but once we were all sitting around chatting prior to the circle on the top of the hill out in the Santa Monica Mountains when one of the guys sitting next to me leans over and says "uh- oh Black and White"... I went what do you mean, cops? But no... we all kind of froze and watched this skunk completely encircle the perimeter of where we were sitting, it was like the skunk cast The Circle ...it was hilarious we talked about that one still to this day. There must have been 15 of us, all having to not freak out. :shock:
Bb, ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Skunk is a very powerful totem. Having the skunk cat your circle was a message.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm beginning to feel like I live in the woods instead of the city. Tonight I opened my back door, presumably to let the cat in, and nope. It was a possum scratching at the door. We stared at each other for about 30 seconds :shock: then it turned and waddled down the ramp. No hurry.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Nice skunk story FF
SnowCat wrote:Skunk is a very powerful totem. Having the skunk cat your circle was a message.

Snow
I've seen one (and only one in here) while turning back from forest 1 day prior to entering new job.
After checking some references, still no idea how to approach it.
I just know that I've got this Hekate statue here. Buuuut what to make out of it?
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “Animals and Pets”