Hey guys, where are all the great animal stories ???

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
ebenb84

Re: Hey guys, where are all the great animal stories ???

Post by ebenb84 »

well this isn't so much a story but stuff my cat shadow does. i'm not ever sure where he picked these thing up but i wonder sometimes if he doesn't think hes a person. whenever i walk into the room he's in i always say hi shadow (he taught me to acknowledge him or he would get mad) he always talks back to me (well he doesn't really talk but he meows in response to anything i say to him. when he eats, he eats with his paws. he'll actually put his paw in the bowl, pick up some food and then eat it. and when ever i get up in the morning or when i get back from being at the store or something like that he'll greet me on the kitchen table, stand up on his back feet and put his front feet on either side of my neck and give me a hug and make me kiss his head.

talking about him reminded me of a story i've got of him...

well i had just moved into an apartment in a city that i didn't know real well at that time so needless to say i was a little nervous about being in that apartment (which wasn't really in the best part of that city). well i couldn't sleep one night so i was sitting in the recliner watching a scary movie with all the lights off(probably not the smartest thing on my part since i already had a bit of anxiety after moving) i don't remember what movie it was but it was at the part that the killer popped out of nowhere like they do, something big landed square on my shoulder. i bolted out of that chair and was on my way out the door when i realized what had happened. shadow had jumped completely over the back of the recliner and landed on my shoulder. when i turned the light on and i saw him he was sitting in the door to the kitchen and i know he was laughing at me......
Tornadofire-Sylva

Post by Tornadofire-Sylva »

When I was in Idaho, there was this dog, a husky mix who always escaped from her owners. Her name was Dakota, and her tag gave an Arizona number. The first time she got out, I was at a park and she ran up to me, and wanted to get petted. There were 13 kids there, and she picked me. We called the animal control and they took her home. A week later, I was on the second story of a friends house, and was thinking about the dog who listened to every thing I told her. She was so sweet, and a cuddly kind of dog. Almost immediately, I see a familiar brown and red and black coat. I ran outside, couldn't see her anymore. I yelled Dakota and turned around after hearing a yip. She was right behind me . I had a two wheeled razor scooter, and held the leash. She lead me, guess where? Straight to my house. If she went to fast while I was on the scooter, I would say slow down and she wouldslow down. Speed up , and she would. There seemed to be something almost magical about her... I don't know, but she obeyed me when the animal control came. She didn't want to get in, but I asked her to get in the carrier after others tried and she did. Only obeyed me. I hope she isn't looking for me, I'm in Georgia..
“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” -Winston Churchill
FoundMyCalling

Post by FoundMyCalling »

I have a new funny stories about the things my 9 cats and 1 dog (who thinks hes a cat) are always up to something. Whether it be Socks carrying bras down the hallway or Koda my dog herding me to the door when hes got to go.

I think the cutest and maybe a little funny is my old man/son Socks. Socks has the if momma eats it I can eat it, and when we are outside I can have him without a leash on and he fallows me around.
Floyd Pinkerton

Post by Floyd Pinkerton »

This isn't so much funny, but when I was in 10th grade I had a blonde cocker spaniel named Toby. One day I was walking to my bus stop down the street when I noticed Toby was following me. My mom was yelling for him and I kept telling him to go home but he wouldn't listen. He followed me to my bus stop and sat down next to me and waited until I got on the bus. After he watched me get on the bus he went back home.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh, these comments are great! Here's mine...

I was awakened by a strange whirring sound in the bathroom, followed by a smash noise. I got up and stood in the bedroom door to look down the hall towards the bathroom. My cat darted out Of the bathroom and dashed to the living room, then returned. She was batting a Christmas ornament, which she'd obviously snitched off the tree. I watched her aim and ping the ball into the bathroom, and I peeked around the door to see her take it in her mouth and jump up to the sink. She put the ball carefully in the sink and began batting it, making it roll faster and faster until it flew out and smashed on the floor. Then she went back to the living room and got another ornament. I watched her repeat the thrilling game. There were remnants of three smashed balls on the floor. Cats!
Fae

Post by Fae »

I've always had a connection with animals, and have never met a cat or dog that didn't like me.

When I was 15 my mom brought home a stray cat that kept trying to sneak into my grandfather's house. She thought he was a boy cat, and I never bothered to question it, although the cat quickly became mine.

Fast forward a few years, and the cat is in fact a girl. My mom went through a rough patch and got rid of all of our animals. I managed to find someone to take care of my cat until I moved out in a few months. She stayed at his house, and when I went to pick her up he told me she had run away a few weeks before and no one had seen her, and he had been afraid to tell me. We had broken up while she was at his house and he could be petty and vindictive, so this caused a fight, and I remember just falling into the dirt outside of his house and sobbing. I heard something crashing around near the tree tops, and saw a muddy blur climbing down the trunk, but it was too quick for me to figure out what it was. The blur ran and jumped into my lap and put her paws on my shoulders.

It was her. My ex couldn't believe it, and actually admitted she had been gone closer to five weeks, and that she left the night we had broken up and didn't come back. He lived on the edge of a large forest with a zoo in it, and after he and his family searched for a week they figured maybe she had gotten caught by a predator, either in the woods or zoo. I was so happy that I -almost- didn't notice she was pretty pregnant.

I realized that day that she truly was my animal familiar. She has never run away again, and only comes outside when I do, and stays within ten feet of me at all times. My friends joke that she is my shadow, since she follows my everywhere, and I mean everywhere. I've had her for 12 years now, and while it may not be realistic, I'm hoping for another 12 more
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

No matter what time she spends with you physically, she will always be with you.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I think my pets have an identity confusion:
My dog hunts mice and birds (and is very good at it),while my cat gives dangerous looks to the strangers and meows threatening. She also wants to be walked in a leash,together with the dog.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Bychan Wulf wrote:I think my pets have an identity confusion:
My dog hunts mice and birds (and is very good at it),while my cat gives dangerous looks to the strangers and meows threatening. She also wants to be walked in a leash,together with the dog.
I also have a cat who likes to go on walks with the dogs. However, she won't have anything to do with a leash. She stays right with us wherever we go. My neighbors probably think I'm nuts walking two dogs and a cat around all the time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

My neighbors have a pot bellied pig, named Bernard. They leash-walk him every day and it drives the neighborhood dogs nuts. I can always tell which way they went down the alley by the howling. I've met Bernard, and found him quite charming. He liked to be scratched on the ribs, and squealed when I stopped.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Haha,it kinda makes sense.....pigs are proven to be more inteligent than dogs (and surprisingly also more clean).
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Dad loves our cat-our cat hates my dad for no reason.
This morning,she was waiting in front of the bathroom door for me to come out. My dad was the one who came out of the bathroom. Cat opens eyes wide,turns around and starts running. There is no carpet in that area and she slips and can't control her 4 legs. Seing her unable to turn right and go to my room made us burst in tears....from laughing
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I call that "skitter-paddling" when all 4 legs go nowhere in a hurry. One of my cats back feet get going faster than the front feet and he somersaults, tail-over-nose.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

SpiritTalker wrote:I call that "skitter-paddling" when all 4 legs go nowhere in a hurry.
Lol I'll borrow the term for sure ;-)

My cat loves staying in the sink. She has several beds,window sills (with heat underneath),cat beds and even my desk,which she once loved. But no,she has to lay down in the sink and anytime someone that comes to visit,almost gets a heart-attack when she jumps in their arms.
She still hates water when it comes to baths,but the water in the sink doesn't bother her in any way.
I'm still trying to figure out the cat logic :surprisedwitch:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

It's half past ten on a pleasantly clear, cool July night. I decided to take out the trash and spend a few minutes star gazing. I had the trash bag in one hand and my cane & an infrared flashlight in the other, infra red won't kill my night vision.

I walked down my handicapped access ramp, and right at the low end sat a furry little animal, about the size of a cat, all black with a white stripe running down it's back. OH. A skunk! Um...nice kitty. I slowly backed up, talking to it calmly. Not the animal I wanted to meet up close. It skittered under a bush. I kept talking so it would know where I was & not be startled as I moved. I went on to the trash bin and then returned to the house. No star gazing tonight. There were lots of fire flies in the yard, twinkling.

Return to “Animals and Pets”