hawk perched on my balcony

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
tkgirl

hawk perched on my balcony

Post by tkgirl »

Today I was shocked to see this HUGE hawk perched outside on my balcony. It was amazing! It stayed out there for a really long time and let me get really close to it. I feel it may have been some sort of spirit visiting me... it's presence really stirred my soul, but in a nice, calming way... does this make any sense? Anyways, I was wondering what this could actually symbolize for me. It is interesting timing as I am planning to do some spellwork tomorrow evening after taking a long break from it... hmmmm...
any ideas? anyone?
thanks! :)
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Hi TK girl,

I'll have to look this one up- and my book is at home, so it'll have to be tonight that I finish the post. (I'll come back by after I get home, many hours from now).

From what I know/remember though, the hawk symbolizes solar energies and the qualities of observation and clear-sightedness; to aid in helping reactions come from swiftness, courage and strength rather than rash judgments.

-That's at least something to start with. On a personal note, I believe the creature and the magical attributes it has is not the more important aspect... the visit itself is.

Bright Blessings!
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Ok, I'm finally home, so here's what I've got:
Hawk (Magical attributes)- "Clear-sightedness; being observant. Far-memory, or recalling past lives. A message from spirit; omens and dreams. Overcoming problems. Taking advantage of an opportunity. The cry of a hawk in meditation is a warning of upcoming situations that will require boldness and decisiveness. Courage, defense, wisdom, illumination, new life, creativity, truth, experience. Getting a larger over-view so you can make better decisions.

Chant:
Soaring, gliding, wind current riding,
Hawk of wisdom, creativity.
Seeking, hover, bright Sun-lover,
Bring inspiration now to me.
"

-Hope that helps!

~Blessed Be~
White*wolf

Post by White*wolf »

Wow. That must of been amazing to see a Hawk so closeup.
-Jessica [aka Whitewolf]
Amazonite

Re: hawk perched on my balcony

Post by Amazonite »

tkgirl wrote:Today I was shocked to see this HUGE hawk perched outside on my balcony. It was amazing! It stayed out there for a really long time and let me get really close to it. I feel it may have been some sort of spirit visiting me... it's presence really stirred my soul, but in a nice, calming way... does this make any sense? Anyways, I was wondering what this could actually symbolize for me. It is interesting timing as I am planning to do some spellwork tomorrow evening after taking a long break from it... hmmmm...
any ideas? anyone?
thanks! :)
This is a spirit that has come to visit you... has anyone recently passed to the spirit world or perhaps was it the anniversary of a loved one's passing?

Perhaps if you believe in them, try finding a reputable spiritualist/medium just to see if spirits have any messages for you.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Animals and Pets”