Crows

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
L.J.Hex

Re: Crows

Post by L.J.Hex »

I will do that! I'm due to go to the forest anyway as my dog needs exercise and I'm planning to build a stone circle for samhain. Last time I went out, I checked out my two places and found a new one near the other. There's a lot of stones lying around so I thought I could work out a bit and build a circle and perhaps an altar there too. I'll make sure to keep calling the crows and see what happens. Some of them stay here over winter and they love to hang out in the forest nearby... I'll post here later on what happens or if anything goes on.

In the last two weeks or so, I've been seeing jays(The eurasian kind) all over the place. A lot of them, not much any other birds. They're funny, they usually keep out of sight during summer and then show up when weathers get colder, but this year they have been all over the place. There's one almost every time I go out.
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
Bonita

Post by Bonita »

I look forward to reading your update on your crow friends. I have baby Blue Jays around now too, like late summer born, I love listening to them practice their calls out to the world announcing their presence. Even the Robins have multiplied this year they are feasting on my fruit trees now so are my beautiful Cardinals .,.it makes me happy they all share my home
Be kind to all Earthlings and beyond, we all matter
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

One day two doves were standing like pillars at edges of the path I had to walk. Possible love afairs were in the air.
Next day two crows/ravens were standing there. They actually flew from grass to go just exactly there when I was approaching. Battlefield stuff was in the air that day.

It came to me now that walnuts were falling off the trees and raven took one under its claw and ripped the third of the nut shell included away by pecker. How mighty and cool it was!

Next one was younger and weaker, struggled to open the nut so he flew 6 meters high and dropped the nut, repeated 10 times or so and finally he broke it.

Breaking the shell, breaking the resistance.

Bonita wrote:I also believe all the animals and birds hear our thoughts...my dogs and cats are very in tune with me too, like I ll wonder where one of them is and within seconds they come looking for me ...even the trees in my backyard I swear they know me well, my one tree friend answers my thoughts with subtle movement of the leaves when there isn't even a breeze in sight and just knowing makes me giggle in delight
Sure. :wink:
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I'm thinking of heading out today and go see the crows. Actually they came here first. I had the window open all night and heard them just outside when I woke up. I think this was a mixed bunch of crows and magpies. Lets see if they show up more today. :mrgreen:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have a friend who trained her crows to show up when she walked out the front door. She used nuts, not sure if it was peanuts or walnuts, but she would stand on the porch and just say, "here crow", and they would start to gather, sometimes like 10- 20 or more.
It seemed the crows had a call that would alert the others. If one or two saw her say "here crow", they would ring out the message, caw, caw, caw and the others would flock in.
After time though she said it became a bit of a nuisance as they would start to fly in even though she didn't have nuts, so I guess the moral is they recognize the person with the food rather than the "call" itself. :lol:
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

firebirdflys wrote:I have a friend who trained her crows to show up when she walked out the front door. She used nuts, not sure if it was peanuts or walnuts, but she would stand on the porch and just say, "here crow", and they would start to gather, sometimes like 10- 20 or more.
It seemed the crows had a call that would alert the others. If one or two saw her say "here crow", they would ring out the message, caw, caw, caw and the others would flock in.
After time though she said it became a bit of a nuisance as they would start to fly in even though she didn't have nuts, so I guess the moral is they recognize the person with the food rather than the "call" itself. :lol:
bb, FF
That's so neat. They sure can be domesticated... And they sure do talk to each other! That's how they bunched up on me when I was in my place last summer. First few, soon more and then too many to count.

Yea, food is such an motivator. xD Just like my dog, always begging even though he should know there's nothing for him.
Bonita

Post by Bonita »

SL wrote:One day two doves were standing like pillars at edges of the path I had to walk. Possible love afairs were in the air.
Next day two crows/ravens were standing there. They actually flew from grass to go just exactly there when I was approaching. Battlefield stuff was in the air that day.

It came to me now that walnuts were falling off the trees and raven took one under its claw and ripped the third of the nut shell included away by pecker. How mighty and cool it was!

Next one was younger and weaker, struggled to open the nut so he flew 6 meters high and dropped the nut, repeated 10 times or so and finally he broke it.

Breaking the shell, breaking the resistance
Super smart birds, thank you for sharing this moment SL!
Bonita

Post by Bonita »

Thanks for sharing firebirdflys! ..they recognize us too like when I go near the area they have hidden their new baby they caw less alertly...passers by or strangers anywhere near the baby they yell bloody murder and then I hear more crows yelling and approaching ...they know I share their space
Bonita

Post by Bonita »

Have fun with your crows today LJ? :D
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Bonita wrote:Have fun with your crows today LJ? :D
Hey Bonita! There wasn't much to tell about yesterday, the crows were waking me up as I had my window open. They were just outside... When I went out, no crow in sight. Not any birds in sight actually. I kept calling for them, but none showed up. Tricksy buggers. ;)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

There is a thread on crows that has some cool info in it,
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p214713
enjoy!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Ooh, nice. :D
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

I like crows I doubt I can communicate with them?
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

stormofwind wrote:I like crows I doubt I can communicate with them?
Try it. When you see them, send some pleasant thoughts, tell them that you're friendly and they can come closer to you... I'm not sure how much these things really go through to them, but "my" crows at our cottage seem to get ever more trusting the more I talk to them. :) All summer they got closer and closer without flying away.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Three crows showed up just moments ago when I was having a smoke. They haven't been around for a while, a big one sat on a tree just next to my place and did his call and soon two others showed up. One came to the closest tree, all the way up there and just sat there... I felt something's up. Next moment a friend comes to chat and I receive a message that my new altarcloth has arrived.

These guys had a perfect timing. ;) I like it, I hope they stay.

Return to “Animals and Pets”