Pets Do Weird Things

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Pets Do Weird Things

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have this shaggy cat that only drinks water from the faucet. She likes it fresh, I guess. So, today she was sink-sitting while I prepped my salad. I added some green olives. She sniffed the air. Then she approached the bowl with the olives dotting the surface and started to roll over head first into the bowl, which I whisked away, but her paw snagged an olive. She rolled on it, looping across the counter top, like it was catnip. She wiggled every which way, feet in the air, bushy tail terra forming the remnants of the salad greens. She didn't try to eat the olive. She didn't roll and chase after it like a toy. Finally she stayed belly up like in a nip-trance.

Anyone ever have a cat addicted to green olives with a pimento stuffing?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Pets Do Weird Things

Post by SnowCat »

Yes. My first Sam, was a lilac point Siamese mix. We called him the "purple olive yogurt cat." Purple for the lilac points, olive because he like green olives with pimento, and yogurt because he liked all flavors of yogurt.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hmm. Did Sam the First try to eat them? What d'ya think is the magic attraction?
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

We don't have olives that often -they wouldn't have a chance to land in the salad :) - but i bet ya my cat would eat them as well. He snatches saladles from the leftover plates when i make my green dressing (tahini lemon sesame and avocado). He likes spicy stuff.
BB

Blue Moon
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Sam used to eat green olives with pimento. Our orange tabby, Tag, used to pick red leaf lettuce out the salad bowl and eat it. Spirit likes to sleep between our pillows.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Cats are in tune with the Infinite and demand freedom to do as they will. They be curious about new things and into new experiences. We can learn a lot by being attentive to the goings on of our Kitties. They like salt so perhaps your kitty savored the salt in the olive brine.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

SpiritTalker wrote:I have this shaggy cat that only drinks water from the faucet. She likes it fresh, I guess.

My cat Sophie used to only drink from the faucet, but then for whatever reason one day my mom filled up a little paper cup for her and now she only drinks out of the cup...in the sink. So we have to turn the faucet on, fill the cup, then put the cup in the sink basin, then she stands there with her front paws in the sink and butt up in the air, drinking out of her cup. She hasn't drank from her water bowl in AGES. She often then proceeds to kill the paper cup and leave it in the hallway.

Her brother Zook likes to drink the icky algae green water out of my mom's bamboo plant.
DDS
Banned Member

Post by DDS »

Cats get their greens in the wild. Catnip is not the only plant they eat. Something to help their digestion I bet. I vote for salt as the olive attraction as well.

Return to “Animals and Pets”