Not enough dog love around here...

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
moonlass

Not enough dog love around here...

Post by moonlass »

Greetings friends,

I've noticed that there's a lot of talk about cats going around here but not a lot about dogs. I think cats are great and all (I just wish they didn't hate me so much and would want to play and cuddle when I want to) but this site could seriously use some more dogs. Plus I've been dealing with a lot of stress, anxiety, and depression lately and dogs are pretty much my best friends and best medicine.

So anyone got any good dog stories/pictures? Also I'm freakishly good with dogs so if you ever need help figuring out a behavioral issue or translating what your dog is trying to say just hit me up.

Blessings,
Moonlass
Tyrande

Re: Not enough dog love around here...

Post by Tyrande »

Merry meet! I also love dogs. <3
This is my pooch, Penni. I call her Poocheeni. She's a mix between a Pomeranian & chihuahua. She was a rescue from an abusive household who left her behind when they moved. We got her when she was a baby, 6 years ago. She's now 8 years old or so (estimated).
My favorite memory of her is 2 years ago we got her a pumpkin costume for Halloween. It was just a fuzzy orange sweater with a little hood with a green stem on top of it. She LOVED IT. She wore it all winter long, she just loved the thing. And she was so cute with it too. It had to be thrown away because she wore it so much.
She's only 6 pounds so she loves wearing clothes during the winter. They keep her nice and warm. We actually just got her a new fuzzy sweater, and she LOVING it. She also loves blankets and snuggling. And licking everything. She'll lick you, the carpet, her bed, the cats. Her favorite human food is cheese. Her favorite place to be scratched is right at the end of her back, by her legs. Her one tooth sticks out. She's afraid of ropes, lighters, and ruler shaped things. She loves to bark at everything. She likes to roll in the grass, she even rolled in deer poop once & another time on top of a dead frog. She gives hugs. She likes being carried like a baby. She's doesn't like dogs or people she doesn't know, she's not very friendly, but she warms up when she gets to know you.
I love her so much and I'm happy she's my best friend.
Blessed be
Tyrande
♡ ♡ ♡ Protect the Ocean, Protect the Land ♡ ♡ ♡
❃ Plant a tree ❃
Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium »

My two babes are everything to me!
Respectively, Tróia and Miúra:

Tróia was poisoned at 8 months old, but she's a warrior and fought it through like a champ. She only would eat when I visited, like life wasn't worth it until she knew I was safe. She's currently almost 2 years and she's as crazy as it gets but everyone loves her.
Miúra on the other hand is a black sheep mess, we got her after Tróia. She's a nervous dog but always eager to please, and not stubborn at all. She absolutely adores me, never leaves my side (she lays down at my feet wherever I sit at home) but hates strangers. I love her so much too <3
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I adore dogs.I even buy biscuits for my neighbor's dogs.
moonlass

Post by moonlass »

Oooh I love all of these dogs!!! Thank you for sharing and hello new friends! May you get all the treats and pets you deserve!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I had a doberman rip through a screen door and bite open my thigh, been very leary of dogs ever since :evilwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Dr. Bonedaddy

Post by Dr. Bonedaddy »

I like other people's dogs but I'm just a cat kind of guy. Mine is an enormous fluffy ragdoll. He's a healer who senses when someone is sick or in pain and dotes on them till they get better. The furry physician
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I had a Himalayan who may have been crossed with a ragdoll, he was more like a dog than a cat. .Would follow us around, and come when you called him and always slept on our feet (when he wasn't in our lap!)
Here his pic. He was a big boy and very fluffy too.
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 26371.html
I sometimes wonder why I'm not a dog person, I had a dog once, he was a black lab named Chomper. He got hit by a car in front of my house, then disappeared. I was constantly bailing him out of jail, roomates would leave the gate open.... :evil:
Firedog
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Animals and Pets”