Peackock feather

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
moonraingirl

Peackock feather

Post by moonraingirl »

Today I found a peacock feather. What could it mean?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Peackock feather

Post by SnowCat »

It could mean that a peacock is running around naked.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Bald peacocks having already been mentioned, let me ask you MoonRainGirl, what peacocks mean to you personally? What associations do you make to the bird, to it's feather, and to the circumstances in which you found it?

Anybody can google the spiritual meaning of peacock feathers. I know this is true because I just did it and im an old lady who just got back from an eye exam during which my pupils were dilated and I cant focus on diddly at the mo. I've enlarged the type font on my iPad...I love that feature. But what use do you, yourself, make of historical associations?

Those I saw listed were associations to Hera, Lakshmi and Kwan Yin, to watch-dog like protection, and spiritual awakening.

Do you have any affiliation with these illumined ones?

Are you being told to open your inner eyes for your own protection?

Have you had any spiritual revelations lately? Perhaps it serves to remove doubts?

What were you thinking about when you found this elusive feather? Apply that to the understanding you make.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

I know it can be googled. Maybe I just wanted to post something here and ask for other opinions or insights. Sorry.
Peacock doesn't mean anything personally to me.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

What was your initial thought when you found the feather?
I'll not prompt so that you may recall in your own words. :D
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I'm guessing that it was one of the feathers with an "eye." That would make me think of possibly your third eye, or something related to spiritual sight. I apologize for being flippant earlier. I was sitting at a Workers Compensation clinic waiting to get a dog bite looked at.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

http://www.feritradition.org/grimoire/d ... e_god.html

Just answering the question.

Best to you !
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

To me, peacock feathers represent balance. When I was younger, there was a PE game we would play where we had to balance a peacock feather while walking as a game, so it has always stuck with me. I use to use one as a tool during spell work when trying to accomplish some sort of spiritual balance in my life.
The eyes on the feather also stand out to me... maybe try using it while practicing divination?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Thanks for your responses :-) I immediately thought it is a good sign and something connected to spirituality. But it is also a bit too "extravagant" for my taste as I usually don't use so colorful things. Also, closest peacocks to me live 25km away in a zoo so it was surprising to find it here.
I think it was a symbol for hopefully positive change that happened today but I can't be sure yet.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

If it's more colorful and extravagant than what you usually use, it might mean that you need to expand yourself a bit, just like the peacock expands his tail. A peacock will expand his tail to draw attention, so it could be that something or someone, is trying to get your attention.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

You're so right, Snow! This was a true psychic interpretation. Yes, that makes sense
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Was there something or someone in the immediate vicinity when you picked this up?
This is also why I asked what was on your mind or what was your initial thought, when bending down to grasp the treasure. ..this may mean pay attention to what ever "that thought or memory" was, or things that were happening in the place where you discovered this.
I like what Snow said about expansion...If you felt it too extravagant, that is a very good interpretation. Broadening your horizons in your spiritual Quest be the order of this feather since you saw it to be a spiritual connection as well.
:fairy:
they are beautiful, but I had a boyfriend once who felt them unlucky and he wouldn't come into the room where they were. People can attach all kinds of meanings to stuff, I like to go with my gut, it knows more than my head usually.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

There were people walking around, no one special.
The thing that came to my mind first was that it must be a sign because it's unusual. And I immediately connected it to the area which needs transformation in my life. I'm almost sure (heh, I'm seldom 100% sure about something) that I know the meaning now.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I usually find bluejay feathers around my yard. They like to squabble and denuded each other.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hey MRG, I realized belatedly I came across snarky, and I apologize. I was trying for humor and missed by a mile.

My questions were aimed at helping you to interpret the finding of the feather for yourself, not as an Inquisition. & it seems you did have a sense of it's meaning to you. That's a valuable tool.

Snow, around my house it's the little red finch feathers and pigeons. Hawks from the nearby river front hunt the urban pigeons. It's a tough life, being a bird. Bald or not.

Return to “Animals and Pets”