Wolf spiders

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wolf spiders

Post by Firebird »

Ok, whats the deal? Message?
I've removed 4 large wolf spiders from my home in the last week, one of them I think came back thru the kitchen door (which is open frequently) and another one was huge, at least to me it was huge, about the size of a silver dollar. That one I took across the street.
Not a big fan of spiders, why so many in such a short span? They also seem to appear out of nowhere. Like suddenly they are just in the middle of the room.
Bb, ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Wolf spiders

Post by SnowCat »

I think you should research what it means to have spider as your spirit animal. The fact that they're appearing suddenly, and in multiples, means there's a message for you.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yea, I'm figuring so, by the way they were all black.
ff
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

So they're having a black tie event at your house. Pretty soon you'll see little lady spiders in their sparkly evening gowns. You can mix up some bug juice punch for them.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Lmao
jaybirdblue

Post by jaybirdblue »

Spiders are excellent little creatures. Wolf spiders in particular are very unique because they actually take care of their young. The mothers carry their babies on their backs to protect them. So, on top of the overall spider power animal meanings, it could be a nice little sign or reminder of familial love.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

firebirdflys wrote:Ok, whats the deal? Message?
I've removed 4 large wolf spiders from my home in the last week, one of them I think came back thru the kitchen door (which is open frequently) and another one was huge, at least to me it was huge, about the size of a silver dollar. That one I took across the street.
Not a big fan of spiders, why so many in such a short span? They also seem to appear out of nowhere. Like suddenly they are just in the middle of the room.
Bb, ff
Haha, I was bite on the forehead by a wolf spider, their poison is fairly potent. Here's my scar ;)

I used a 'Purification Oil' my naturopath physician gave me to get it to heal. So it's interesting, that Purifications and Poisons were brought together for a time. Spiders are a good omen (for me), and a reminder.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

If you hate wolf spiders, you love all other type insects. I needed a container of water, and asked someone at a garden center for some. She paused, and said, do not BOTHER my spider. As we walked me over to the shed that had the faucet, I asked what kind, and she said wolfs. She said you never seen one like this. She peeked inside, said there it is, I looked. It was the size of a tarantula. (We don't have them here.) If it hadn't moved, I would have sworn it was fake. I thought she might be in a micro-climate--I have huge camel crickets, 3inch feelers--so I asked it that was common for them to be so big, because I had never seen even close to that side. She said no, never seen on that big, about your spider's size, the garden type varity.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Dang Corvidus, that must have hurt. But it left a nice 5 pointed flower or star on your head there. :fairy:
That seems pretty significant. Did it swell where you were bit?
jaybirdblue wrote: it could be a nice little sign or reminder of familial love.
thanks for that reminder, it falls in line with wolf energy too and their pack life tendencies. :D
Mr Crowley wrote:If you hate wolf spiders, you love all other type insects
I didn't actually say I hated them, I just rather they weren't in the house, and I really don't want them on me. As for all other insects ummm not ants when they come in the house :P
SnowCat wrote:So they're having a black tie event at your house.
Pretty soon you'll see little lady spiders
ha ha ha , that sounds like trouble, then I'll be having little spider Jr's running around :annoyed:
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

firebirdflys wrote:Dang Corvidus, that must have hurt. But it left a nice 5 pointed flower or star on your head there. :fairy:
That seems pretty significant. Did it swell where you were bit?
Not only swollen, but the skin putrefied and blackened haha..
Spider is an interesting archetype ;)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I had a wolf spider bite on my inner thigh many years ago. The seam of my uniform pants rubbed it raw, so I had to keep a huge bandage on it for weeks.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

oh man the very thought of any spider scares me more then anything else.
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I had a bite on my elbow once and I got a dent similar to corvidus, not quite a cute though. It was quarter size but elongated it had itched like crazy and the dr. shot it w/cortisone. Later the divot sunk almost to the bone it was real sore for a long time, so I started taping a crystal to it. A polished one. It took a couple months or more but it eventually completely healed.
We were bit by the energy of the Goddess guys :D

I started thinking about the implications of wolf, an animal I'm supposed to be working with this year. Since it would be hard for the powers that be to send a real one here to the city, these little critters could be my reminders.
Bb :flyingwitch:
Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
FlyingPeregrine

Post by FlyingPeregrine »

Wolf spiders are very caring toward their young. Perhaps it means something about sacrifice of a mothers love for her children?
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Spiders... nope. Can't do em.
There are very few critters on this earth that scare me, but spiders and those friggin winged cockroaches are what do it for me.

I had a spider bite on my forehead that that ended up swelling so large that I had to call out of work... Cody named it Carlos... for those of you who remember Invader Zim, I called it Pastulio. The scar on my head is identical to Cordivus.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Return to “Animals and Pets”