Benefits of a cat

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
moonraingirl

Re: Benefits of a cat

Post by moonraingirl »

Oh, that's horrible. But yeah, it's a natural instinct, one cannot be angry about it.
I was afraid my cat would catch my betta fish because the aquarium doesn't have a lid. Luckily, so far he didn't.

When the fish was in the bucket during medication treatment "someone" moved the lid on the bucket. I left it a bit open for the air and when I came home it was moved quite a lot and the cat was sleeping nearby.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

She wasn't so unhappy about the eel's demise. She didn't like it being dumped in her lap. She freaked out at full volume. The kittens came back to me not long after that. Her apartment complex wouldn't let her keep them. Hoss eventually ended up with my daughter's friend, passing from kidney failure at the age of ten.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

My cat "Shadow" supervises all goings on in the home. He investigates every noise even inaudible ones. A bug had best not venture from hiding least it be torn to threads by my noble security guard kitty critter. He is a constant shadow following me around wherever I go. He sleeps with me always with one eye open alert to relocate in a hurry when I toss about sometimes he grumbles if he has to move frequently. He keeps the cat food manufacturers in business frequently re-evaluating what he does or does not like to eat. His cold nose wakes me in the morning and his purrs motivate me to get up and feed him. He often joins me in Circle ritual and sits to observe my gyrations with the spookiest eyes. His favorite nap spot is under my Witchy altar. He endlessly teaches me many things about feelings and emotions and unconditional love. We share quantum entanglement of Spirit.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Sammy, my cat, is not sure if she should lick and wash Sasha, her doggy brother, or eat him.

The same Sammy, meows desperately that she wants to go out and a few seconds later, she meows like it's the end of the world, to come back inside. After a few in and out runnings, we left her outside for 10 minutes despite her meowing. She climbed on the window and watched us, looking like she was planning 3 murders :lol:
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Hahaha thats EXACTLY what our cat does when we are at the garden cottage :) In the summer, my dad sleeps with open door because the cat and dog go in and out in 5min intervals :D In the winter, the door is locked and everyone stays inside. At first, they meow and scratch the door, but eventually they understand and sleep.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Bychan Wulf wrote: Cats absorb negative energy.
your cat can cure it just by sitting there,purring happily and absorbing the negativity.
Yes, but poor cats can only absorb that much. I don't know how is their self-cleansing system set, but they are often over-encumbered.

If you have spiritual pollution in your house, you can use cat as a shield. You can use garlic cloves too.
You can use plants. Basil is helpful but duh, less sunlight now and one of my two already down.
Planting garlic as an indoor plant is a miracle, if you can somehow make it survive for a longer time, I'd call it a victory. Only time after winter till around march 15th is suitable for planting it I'm afraid? Prove me wrong somebody please.

I believe garlic plant to be fierce enough to take and transmute it all.
Which brings us to active cleansing of spiritual pollution and many means that we have.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

My cats really help and yes Miss Cookie is attached to me more.
Raitning

Post by Raitning »

stormofwind wrote:My cats really help and yes Miss Cookie is attached to me more.
Omg I have a cat named Cookie too! She’s 17 years old
Last edited by Firebird on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tapatalk signature advertisement. please remove
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Benefits of a cat

. Weight lifting their gravity-draped, inert forms from our laps tones abs muscles
. We play hide & seek games hunting for the other shoe that keeps us younger, plus
. Kneeling down & stretching full length under beds tones & flexes thigh muscles
. We search & destroy dust bunnies
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Benefits of a cat:

filling the void/lonely spot in the house.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Bonita

Post by Bonita »

Giggling at these stories ..when I get home my cats race my dogs to worship my arrival!! I"m also grateful they allow me a tiny portion of my bed to rest in as they all spread out comfortably, demanding I dare not move any part of my body they are laying on or I will be stared at till I have to wake up
Be kind to all Earthlings and beyond, we all matter
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Nothing sleeps like a cat that's belly up in a ray of sunshine thru a window. On the flip side nothing suddenly lunges like my male cat who caught a mouse yesterday without hurting it. He just carried the nearly comatose thing around, then set the mouse down in front of me (why, thank you) & began licking himself in a kind of self congratulating trance. I picked up the exhausted mouse & let it go outdoors. The cat is still looking for it.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

My cats interpret my being home, awake, and vertical as "time to eat." They currently get Fancy Feast in the morning and when I get hone from work. Salem is pushing for a third round when we have dinner. They always have dry food available, so they're not starving.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Bonita

Post by Bonita »

Hahaha! Well I can't leave dry food out for them for two reasons: my one dog can climb table and their 4 level scratch post and eats it and my white female cat will eat all the food herself if she could....so everyone eats when I'm home and I can manage their meals equally throughout the day
Be kind to all Earthlings and beyond, we all matter

Return to “Animals and Pets”