Luckiest Greenfinch

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
LoneWhiteWolf

Luckiest Greenfinch

Post by LoneWhiteWolf »

Just a little story about my week haha

So I went to leave for work on Monday 5th and my beloved feline Pearl tried to bring in one of her kills. I chased her round the garden till she dropped the poor feathery snack and I realized it was still alive. I was in a rush to get to work, so I plonked him into a box closed it up and hurried to work with a heavy heart knowing he probably wasn't going to make it.
I came back from work to find that he was alive and hopping about to try to get out. I took him outside with dad to try to release him but he can't fly.. he tried and flopped onto the ground.
So right now I have the little guy in my room in a box with clear plastic over it so he has light. He has all the bird seed in the world and a bowl of water.
The reason he's the luckiest Greenfinch? Well from Monday to Friday the house was being rewired and I had to leave my feathered friend with my mum, who left him unattended. Pearl decided she would like to eat him for a second time and tried to run off with him. Thankfully she dropped him on the stairs and he's no worse off then before. He had a small cut on his neck when I got him, but that's healing well. He's also got a hurt wing which explains why he cant fly properly

I did have a talk with a friend of mine who knows a thing or two about birds since she rescues them (unfortunately she lives too far away from me to take this lil guy in). She said the way he's holding it just means he's hurt a muscle in his wing, and it should heal soon.
With the house being rewired I didn't have any electric to actually call any wildlife places to come pick him up. Also, I've been at work all week. On Monday I'll make a few calls to see who can take him in.

Oh, and I've named him/her Peridot ( Steven universe reference? Pearl and Peridot?)
I have a weak spot for all animals, he isn't the first bird I've taken in, and he wont be the last. Will keep my eye open for any bird cages in the charity shops in town for any future rescues.

:flyingwitch:
~ Feel the earth under your paws and explore. ~
~ Even the narrowest path could lead to the widest opening. ~

Return to “Animals and Pets”