Wondering about a katydid

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
venusaversa

Wondering about a katydid

Post by venusaversa »

I feel that animals symbolize something, like animal totems. The night after I chose to delve into Witchcraft and cast my first 2 spells, a katydid showed up in my room. I looked into it a little and it said that sometimes certain animals will appear and they carry meaning. This is what I came up with from a few websites. They all said the same thing:

katydid:
Katydid teaches attunement to new vibrations and will aid in heightening intuition, sensitivity and awareness. They teach transformation in five stages as part of the molting process. Is it time to shed old ideas to make way for the new? Expect changes and new developments that will bring growth through reflection and patience as the sensitivity to mental, emotional and physical challenges are coming are your way. Katydids also teach the art of camouflage and the ability to evolve and use many survival techniques. Are you adapting to your surroundings? Are you blending in or standing out? Katydid will aid in strengthening senses and perceptions of the seen and unseen so whatever transformation stage you are in will be a time to be aware; mentally and spiritually sharp.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Do you believe in this stuff, and has anyone ever experienced anything similar?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Wondering about a katydid

Post by SnowCat »

Does choosing to delve into witchcraft count as shedding old ideas to make way for new?

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet
venusaversa

Post by venusaversa »

Well that's sort of what I saw it as. I've never really looked into animal totems before though. When I saw it in my room, it kind of clicked for me, though I wasn't sure if I really believed in it all.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

There's nothing wrong with questioning yourself and what you're experiencing. If you just blithely believe that everything is some kind of sign, you'll make yourself crazy jumping from one thing to the next. Looking at the context of an experience is a good way to determine if it was a sign or just part of the day. I agree that the Katy did was most likely a sign.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Y'know the feeling that you're being watched? Once upon a time I was kneeling in my garden & had that eerie feeling. It didnt seem that pulling weeds should be that interesting to an onlooker. I kept looking over my shoulder but didnt see anybody. The feeling persisted. I happened to glance to one side & my attention was caught by the branch of a bush that seemed to be looking at me. There were 2 teeny black eyes reflecting light. They didn't blink. Say wha'? Huh. I backed up so I could focus & realized a katydid - coyly resembling a leaf - was the observer. Amazing creatures.

Return to “Animals and Pets”