kitten attracted to my pentacle.

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Luna Lisa

kitten attracted to my pentacle.

Post by Luna Lisa »

Is it normal for an animal to be attracted to a pentacle? Reason why I'm asking is because my kitten is really attracted to it. Is that normal? :shock:
_Kaimira_

Re: kitten attracted to my pentacle.

Post by _Kaimira_ »

hi honey

its totally normal and it means your kitten is special :D
Luna Lisa

Post by Luna Lisa »

i rescued him from getting hit in the road. the way it turned out someone throw him out of the car window. he was sitting in the middle of the road. now hes every bit of nine weeks old. I know he's specail. but i just wanted to know if that was normal. And was wondering why he's attracted to my pentacle.
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Cats and Dogs, especially cats though, its been said to see energy and aura, so if your pentacle is blessed or have absorbed energy from your body, your cat might be able to see it, and thats what attracts him/her on it...
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

Animals are drawn to symbols. I recently learn't that peacocks are drawn to Buddha statues :D
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Raconteuse

Post by Raconteuse »

In a completely non magical way cats tend to be attracted to anything dangly and shiny, just a thought ;)
A new found power

Post by A new found power »

It could be that the cat is naturally drawn to the energy and protection of the pentacle, as suggested by others animals seem to show a certain... understanding? or inclination towards the spiritual.

The other part to this is what Racon says. Cats also do tend to absolutely adore shiney, dangly things. most especially (if it is a playful cat) when it is not supposed to be touching it!

Either way, your cat is completely fine. Normal? meh. Nothing is really normal, as everything, cats included, are individual. Perhaps you might just have made a new witchy friend, or perhaps it just likes the shinier things in life. Either way, enjoy your cat for what it is and don't worry about normality!

P.S. Time will show as to whether it really does just like shiny objects, or it's attracted to spiritual items. I wouldn't worry on it too much at the moment, instead just ensure, (from what you say, and I know how hard it can be because I had a puppy I took in of the streets and brought up with my parents,) that you give it a lovely, secure home. I've no doubt you can do that Luna Lisa!
Luna Lisa

Post by Luna Lisa »

thanks guys. :)
A new found power

Post by A new found power »

you're welcome :)
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

I have a cat that loves to play with my shaker, mp3 player cap, you name it really. That's just cats and that's why I love them ^_^ On the other hand, by lore, cats are able to sense energy and are often seen as protectors because, unlike most dogs, they tend to attack at any negative energy instead of run from it. That's why cats are used in movies with vampires and such. The goddess Bast was also a goddess of protection, among many other things. So it may be that it is a cat being a cat with its playful nature, or it may be sensing the positive energy from the pentacle. Or both.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

It might be attracted to the energy, I once did a circle outside and all of a sudden cats came from all around to sit and lay down in my circle. Animals are sensitive to energy, they are natural empaths and will react to it. If you are crying and there are animals in the room they will come close or try to get your attention.
So if you energise your tools or alter your animals will naturally feel drawn to it. My cat liked to sleep on my alter and would sit on my lap during meditations.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

Autumn, that's very true. Cats have a natural sensitivity to energy and emotion. After a particularly upsetting dream I had a few years back, one of my cats came up onto my bed and laid there with me while I calmed down. Once I had, she got up and went back to her kittens. There was also a story in the news awhile back where to people had kidnapped some young girl. Two tigers came along and chased them away and stayed with the girl, not harming her, until rescuers came along. At that point, the tigers just got up and walked away. Cats are amazing creatures of the Goddess. That is why my patron is Bast.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
hawthorn

Post by hawthorn »

One of my cats likes to walk all over my altar and knock stuff down, She also goes after my headphones so i think its just the fact that its shiny
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I was just checking my books when I came along this passage about cats:

"The cat's nighttime activities and large glowing eyes firmly connect it with the moon. It was sacred to Bast, Freya, Isis, Sekhmet, Astarte and Diana among others. (...) A cat of three colours is extremely lucky and will keep a house from harm, while a smutty-nosed cat will bring wealth to its companions. Orange or tabby cats were once thought to be favored by witches and to ensure good vision and alleviate any irritation of the eyes, stroke a black cat's tail."
- Magical household by Scott Cunningham & David Harrington

Just a little tidbit for us catlovers <3
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Luna Lisa

Post by Luna Lisa »

Thank you for responding guys. :)

Return to “Animals and Pets”