do you squash bugs?

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
flowersofthelady

do you squash bugs?

Post by flowersofthelady »

The whole point in our kind of beliefs is a fundimental respect for mother earth and her creatures..but be honest..if a tiny greenfly or bug lands on you do you a) say "hello little buddy" and carefully place it on a plant ..or do you b) flick it off your arm saying "bloody bugs" lol? whats do you do if you see a spider?

i feel i should love and respect all creatures but i find it hard, especially if they are wageing war on my garden or my kids for that fact (wasps) but i know they are just doing what is natural to them.
canobiecrazy

Re: do you squash bugs?

Post by canobiecrazy »

Pests, such as ants, cockroaches, aphids, tomato hornworm ect. I find nothing wrong with killing. Beneficial insects and arachnids I never kill. IE Ladybugs, Spiders
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

everything has a purpose in this world whether we see it or not. I dont like bugs I do scream and freak if they are on me cuz they are gross to me I dont kill bugs unless they refuse to leave. I offer them the courtesy to tell them get lost or i will kill you if they dont then thats their problem
Mary

Post by Mary »

If they are outside then I leave them alone, but if I find them in my home and my own room then I'm sorry but they will have to go. The other day I woke up with a big roach on my arm and since it woke me up I flicked it off and squished it >.> but it all depends to me. I kill big poisonous spiders I find in my household.
Ula

Post by Ula »

I kill mosquitoes that land on me. I have used dish soap on the plants to keep bugs off. I suppose that may kill them. I use flea medicine on the dog. Other than that not really. I would kill roaches no problem. Most others don't really bother me.
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I don't kill bugs, when I was younger I used to step on each bug that was on my way, I was and still get disgusted sometimes, I don't know they just give me goosebumbs, but I realize that I wouldn't want to be stepped on if I was on its position, I even imagine how terrible it is, so I never kill them even if I'm disgust by them, spiders? I find them pretty nice and mysterious...and kinda cute!

Once I found a disgusting insect, it was turned and it was trying to turn on its right, I felt so sorry for the little buddy, so I put my finger, even though I felt goosebumbs, it grabbed my finger and turned and flew away, I felt so good with that...
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

oh flowers, we would all love to gently remove the little invaders and say no no, now you belong over here....eeeh eh hem, we do what we can to let the outside critters do their own food chain, but I think i'm with Sym when it comes to the little buggers coming into the house, I do forewarn them, they are risking death if I have asked them to leave. Sorry black widows in the house get a good shriek out of me and apologies as the shoe comes down upon them. Outside the alligator lizards love 'em. My mom uses poison, and we have argued about it many times. Poison is a no no. remember the food chain....I had a cat that ate spiders. Love, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
illbehere

Post by illbehere »

i used to kill bugs :L cause they were creepy things. but nowdadays i realised that to them, im a giant :L and id hate to be smushied to the pavement xD. but yeah
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I have a fear of flying bugs (moths and butterflies included) so my reaction is usually to jump around like an idiot everytime I see them. My cat eats most bugs for me though, she sleeps on the bed with me and whenever I freak out she'll pounce and eat them. (She's awesome like that.)
I like spiders and leave them alone, same with ladybugs. Bees and wasps terrify me but I leave them alone. But I do not hesitate when killing flies, especially here in the country where cows and horses attract all kinds of pests I try to kill flies the moment they become a problem.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
illbehere

Post by illbehere »

=/i like moths. they have cute antennae and the one in my house has tribal markings on his wings. hes truly lovely ^.^ and i feel connections to moths mostly =/ and butteflys xD
Teardrops

Post by Teardrops »

Ants and Mosquitos. Those are the only two types of bugs I kill. I catch our household spiders and cockaroaches and set them in their proper place. Outside. Yes, I have saved wasps and even nursed a lame fly to health...
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

illbehere wrote:=/i like moths. they have cute antennae and the one in my house has tribal markings on his wings. hes truly lovely ^.^ and i feel connections to moths mostly =/ and butteflys xD
Well butterflies represent the cycle of death and rebirth and are a very powerful symbol in healing and mourning.
Moths work together with butterflies and usually represent the other side of the veil. Where butterflies are usually brightly coloured most Moths found in our region are brown or white, this is why they often represent life and death and again the cycle of rebirth.
Some say that the moth is a lunar creature where the butterfly is a solar creature. The moth can be used for astral travel and is a very powerful totem when working with meditation, divination and the 'second sight'.

Brightest Blessings
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
illbehere

Post by illbehere »

lol smart u are xD.
my second name is butterly so its quite similar to butterfly xD i like the winged insects exept bee's o_o and wasps. they sting me =l it hurts like hell :L
Ses

Post by Ses »

When outside I don't mind bugs as such, but once they step into my house they do it at their own wish. I believe this is because I haven't invited them inside, if i can get them outside I will, if they won't go they get removed by force.
I am who I am because of what I have done - Niall Gallagher
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I do not kill insects unless they are trying to harm me. I will do my best to capture them and set them back into the wild. Roaches or maggots could make me and my child sick so if there were a infestation I would have to kill them. I feel bad and find that if I keep my home spotless I would not have to kill them. As for my plants there are many safe was to cause "pest" to stay away from the garden.

Return to “Animals and Pets”