Why do animals continually approach me?

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Wishes

Why do animals continually approach me?

Post by Wishes »

I'm not sure why, but wherever I go all kinda of different animals come to me and seem to instantly like me. If I go somewhere even remotely close to any dog it will come up to me and regardless of past, most of them are playful and kind to me (even though some have had histories of hurting people). When I go out for walks throughout the neighborhood or through town, all kinda of different Cats will come up to me and purr. I usually will sit down and pet them, although I have no clue where they have ever come from.

I've noticed this happening since I was quite young, but I never did understand it. Do any of you have any idea what it could be about?
~Best Wishes in Everything You Do~

Wishes
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Have you ever rescued an animal that was sick and dying? Have you ever saved an animal from being hit or kicked by someone? Reasons simliar to this, reasons that animals would consider you a hero, is one reason that animals could be acting like this around you. (I know from experience, ever since the day I stood up to my grandfather for beating the dog, a) he's never hit the dog again, and b) All dogs love me, even the ones that I know are usually vicious or fearful toward people. I rescued some kittens, and another kitten after that, from death. Now cats will walk up to me like they know who I am and purr against my legs) Its not the only reason, you could just have a strong connection with animals, and exude an aura of kindness to them, one that they can sense. Your intentions are pretty clear to animals, and if they sense that you would never hurt them, that could be another reason.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

I agree with Ravencry.
I've rescued animals ever since I was little and i've always had them following me or wanting my attention.
I'm also a shamanic witch, so I have a LOT to do with animals.
Wishes

Post by Wishes »

I know I have always tried to be kind to everybody, especially animals. Though, I do not have a recollection of saving any animals, I have only tried to prevent the death of a few (I usually have pretty prophetic dreams), but other than that I don't remember anything.

I like animals, so if I exude an aura of kindness that is amazing =3
~Best Wishes in Everything You Do~

Wishes
MoonCat

Post by MoonCat »

I joke that I have "animal magnetism." I attract cats so much that I've said that cats must have put a hobo sign on my property, "Kind lady lives here," "Free kibble," "Dog-free zone." I feed one stray cat regularly. Another stray cat I took in and adopted. Another stray cat turned out to be lost, and I got him to his people. And there have been at least another 3-4 strays that have sauntered through my yard. And I've only lived here four years.

When I was little, me and my older brother were the animal rescuers of the neighborhood. We were constantly taking in hurt birds, hurt bats, stray kittens, and what have you. My brother's a soft touch with cats, too.

So there might be some truth in what you say.
skyslide

Re: Why do animals continually approach me?

Post by skyslide »

Dogs are like that with me. I'm guessing they're my familiars. I adore cats but I'm allergic to them, and they keep their distance from me. But where I live now, pets are free to roam the town. They aren't considered pets as much, more like children. I've only been here since the beginning of summer, and all the dogs already seem to know and love me. If they see or smell me they come running up to get a rub-down.

Wild rabbits, some species of birds, and occasionally squirrels trust me enough to get close to me. From what you guys were saying, it's probably because I'm a hero.
When I was six I took in a baby bird that fell out of her nest. She was bleeding and I got her almost healthy again, but she died most likely because of beig away from Mom too long.
When I was eleven I saved a whole best of bunnies. Mom disappeared and a predator got to them. I pulled them up with a towel and searched the neighborhood for someone who would drive me to the local wildlife center. They were bleeding but the wildlife center saved them.
I don't think I ever saved a squirrel, but maybe the rabbits told them? Haha.
In May I saved a baby possum. He was out during the day, so his Mom was obviously dead. He was by the street shaking and there was a hawk circling above him. We picked him up and he trusted me completely. We took him to the nearest wildlife care center.

Return to “Animals and Pets”