My dwarf bunny was attacked!!!

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Purple_wind
Banned Member

My dwarf bunny was attacked!!!

Post by Purple_wind »

A large Cow Snake (a constrictor) attacked my rabbit when we had it outside. She was in a cage that didn't have space for a snake to get into but the snake peeled back a bar and attacked my poor little Alex. I just got her two weeks ago and she's not very old. She's a dwarf rabbit so she is very small. The snake was wrapped all the way around her. My mom heard Alex making weird noises and saw what was happening. We stabbed it with a cooking utinsil (a big fork with only two tips) and it unwinded from her. She layed there..dead. I was crying and screaming at this point and the snake was trying to bite me and my mom. I ran and got the 22 pistol and handed it to mom. She shot it 3 times, once right behind the head. As soon as it was dead we started CPR on Alex. We just barley resurected her. She was in shock. Alex is alright now, she's been staying in my room for the past four days but my mom insists on putting her back outside in a different cage that has smaller gaps but Alex is still paranoid..(she jumps when you touch her at first and runs around her cage alot). I'm afraid she's going to have a heart attack or something. I don't want her to die again.

Any normal or Magick suggestions for this?

*NOTE*-I will only be around her half the time. I have divorced parents..
sshanti

Post by sshanti »

omg that must have been scary, I am glad you still have Alex.
(((Hugs for you and your mom)))
I read that it's a good idea to keep the lawn mowed, snakes like to hide as they hunt, and remove rock piles and things where they could hide.
Something I did find interesting is to plant marigolds, snakes do not like the smell (and mosquitoes too) You can plant them in the ground or in pots around the rabbit cage to keep them away.
from the article-
"At the time I just wanted them because they're so pretty to look at (marigolds) but a friend told me that they are a natural snake repellant and sure enough I haven't seen a snake in my yard yet this season. And for my yard that's amazing since last year they would even be on my porch and I was afraid to go up my steps at night. I put the marigolds in pots along my walk & porch steps and you can believe next year they'll be there as soon as possible."

I hope this helps and if I find out any more I will post
Have you hugged your cat today?
sshanti

Post by sshanti »

I did see a lot of products that claim to keep snakes away but since they are poisonous I do not recommend them, including moth balls and sulfur.

If things get out of hand, I would also call an expert, they could offer you some suggestions also
Professional Wildlife Removal
http://www.wildlife-removal.com/index.htm
Have you hugged your cat today?
Purple_wind
Banned Member

Post by Purple_wind »

Thank you, I'll try to get some merrigolds. Mums and merrigolds closly resemble eachother but my mom said ours are mums. My step dad mentioned raccoons will attack her. I thought about doing a spell on the cage but I might forget an animal that would attack her when casting the spell.
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Post by WatchfulEyeTheButterfly »

Do a protective spell on the bunny, not the cage?
KaidaPyralis

Post by KaidaPyralis »

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your poor bunny. I have a dwarf bunny too - can't imagine how awful that was to go through.

I would go with protecting bunny, and maybe the cage too just for good measure. There used to be some decent looking protection spells on the main EUTM page...

Kaida
Lau

Return to “Animals and Pets”