Attracting and Meeting your Astral Familiars

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Moon_Stone

Attracting and Meeting your Astral Familiars

Post by Moon_Stone »

Attracting a Familiar: There are two ways to attract a familiar, consciously or subconsciously. Consciously means you deliberately select a specific animal where subconsciously means you end up with whatever creature comes to you on the astral or physical planes. Sometimes we humans end up with physical familiars we normally would never consciously consider. Especially those of us who practice magick seem to have both physical and astral familiars in our lives. We are often attracted to a particular type of animal, probably because of some past life where we cared very much for this animal, perhaps even working with it as a familiar.
You can open the way for a familiar to come into your life by filling your vibrations with welcoming thoughts. You can attract specific animals by collecting pictures or statues of that creature, as well as having a very strong desire to be friends with them.
If you know what type of creature you want to attract as an astral familiar, go into a meditation and ask for its appearance. Be patient and observant. If your desire is strong enough, the creature will eventually come to you.
If you are willing to accept whatever creature comes to you, whatever astral familiar is needed in your life, make yourself extremely sensitive when meditating. But do remember that any creature may come, whether you are accepting of its species or not. Often creatures we fear come to us when openly meditating, but they have come for a reason. Learn their qualities. Meditate with your heart and arms open in welcome to them. When your creature makes an appearance, study its movements; its details. Listen for it's telepathic messages. You may find that more than one creature comes to you during your astral meditation. Learn about them all, and most importantly, welcome them and appreciate them.
In seeking an astral familiar, again you must remain patient and accepting. It is likely you will eventually attract several species of astral familiars, as they appear to you as their qualities are needed. Astral familiars are even more particular of their companions than physical "pets" are. They have their own free will, and will come and go as they please. They may not appear when you call to them.
It is often said that a specific animal should come to you three or more times before you can assume they are truly your familiar. I don't necessarily believe that. Rather the feeling you receive from their appearance should be enough for you to distinguish their importance in your life.
"Familiars are powerful in their own right, aiding you in protection, prophecy, healing, gaining your desires, and finding new spiritual enlightenment. If all this weren't enough, they are also strong friends and loyal companions."
Remember to always thank your astral friends, make them feel welcome and loved.

A Meditation for a Familiar: First, concentrate on relaxing your body. Begin with toes and feet, carrying through your entire body, including all of your muscles. Don't strain at this, take as long as necessary. Spend more time working on the muscles of the shoulders, neck and jaw as these tend to contain the most stress and tension.
When you have completely relaxed, surround yourself in a white light. Breathe it in and wrap it around you. Now visualize a well or pond or even a river, in front of you. Mentally take all your problems, including people, that are bothering you and your life, and drop them into the well/pond/river. If you have a hard time keeping them in the well/pond/river, visualize a cover, lid or a box with a lock, floating along, to keep them in and away from you. Doing this symbolizes to your subconscious mind that these issues need to be taken care of. You don't want to go into meditation carrying any negative feelings with you.
Now that you have left your problems elsewhere, begin to visualize some scenery, whatever you want. Forest, desert, jungles, anywhere without buildings or other humans. You may be surprised to find yourself in a place you had not intended at all. Accept whatever scenery comes to you and begin a leisurely walk around it. Be very observant of any creatures (even bugs) that may appear. If a creature approaches you, try to communicate with it. Watch what it does and how it responds to you.
You may find yourself communicating with many different types of astral creatures before you are ready to return to this plane of existence.
Once you have wandered through the landscape and perhaps through others, and observed several astral creatures who show an interest in you, thank them and begin to pull back to your physical body. As you think of your body, slip gently back into it an slowly open your eyes. Move around to restore circulation before you try to stand up.
Now is the best time to write down what creatures you saw, which you communicated with and what they made you feel. Write down what each seemed to have to offer you. Keep reminders such as photos or statues of these animals around you after your contact with them to remind yourself of the creatures that came to you. This serves as a reminder to your subconscious mind to keep the contact point open between the two of you. These items can also be set out during a ritual or spell as a physical place for your familiar to come through. If you didn't see any in this meditation, try again in a day or so. Perhaps some fear about what you might encounter kept them away.
Once you know your familiars, you can determine what creatures you need to know better and what qualities they have to give you.
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

thanks moonstone! i think i'll try that sometime :D
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

Thanks, that sounds like a really cool meditation! Simple too :) I'll definently try it :) What animals did you have? I've done something similar and i had a wolf last time, and the time before that there was a dolphin :)

Elyse
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Well actually Elyse, I can tell you how to do it, I can tell other people how to do it and walk them through it, but I am actually incapable of meditating at all. It is totally nuts, I know. (I'm working on it.)
But my close friend has been contacted by birds several times (mostly the Phoenix). At least I can offer that. :28:
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

yeah i find it hard to meditate as well......... mi visulizing isnt as stronge as it could be.... but yeah working on it....... i think mi fimilar is a spider.....i did this spell/meditation thing that mean they were ment to come to me in a dream... or i woudl see the animal and kno... and wen i woke up i hadnthad the dream, but there were 3 spider in mi room (and ok I hATE SPIDERS!!!! so naturally i screamed and ran out of mi room... wakig the whole house as i went :P) but yeah....... :shock: spider

~willow~
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Awww, poor little spiders. There's a great saying about spiders- I can't remember it right now, (it's at home and I'm at the office), but I'll post it for ya tomorrow.
But gee, poor little things, give 'em a chance- they don't want to hurt you. (Well most of 'em.) :wink:
(....I have one I've named 'Fred' living in my bathroom). :28:
dread_pirate_steele

Post by dread_pirate_steele »

spiders are generally harmless..unless its a brown recluse. those are bad mothatruckers. for real.
-Lee
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Ok, here it is:

"If you wish to live and thrive,
let a spider run alive."

Don't know who wrote it, but isn't it cool? :28:

(And ya, you're right, Dread- definitely avoid the recluse- but they're scarce if not nill in Cali.)
dread_pirate_steele

Post by dread_pirate_steele »

im definately dwellin in Wisconsin. right now it has to be way too cold for any spider to be alive so hey, whatever. no worries for a few months. not like it ever REALLY did, but its just kinda freaky to think about.
-Lee
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

spiders aren't that bad...why don't you get one of thsoe MASSIVE ones from like africa?? :P

Elyse
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Yep, when you have to leash your pet spider, you might be developing a problem. :28:
5moons

Post by 5moons »

Hey I don't like it when you talk bad about my spider. You can talk bad about me, but I don't like it when you talk bad about my spider.
(JOKING, Line from a movie just changed the words a bit)
FourSouls

Return to “Animals and Pets”