OR-93 Lone Wolf

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

OR-93 Lone Wolf

Post by Firebird »

The "lone wolf" that had traveled from Oregon and made it to Yosemite has crossed HWY 99 and is somewhere in the Central Valley. Unfortunately he is not going to find a mate in this expansive farmland area but ranchers may not know he is a special wolf and goddess forbid, hunt him if he seems a threat.
Please wish this lonely beast well and send him back to perhaps Lassen county where there is maybe a girl wolf. :fairy:

https://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Re: OR-93 Lone Wolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

That's a long way to travel.

Go back wolfy. One dumb farmer is all it takes.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Here's the update! OR-93 has made it to Monterey county! Maybe he's going to the beach :) although the county has lots of hilly areas, although if he heads due north from there he might have to deal with San Francisco. They say it's been since the 1800's that one has been know to be this far south.
wow :shock:
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/califor ... y/2509236/
bb, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well he is continuing south, he arrived in SLO Tuesday,
AND
I THINK I SAW HIM!!!
Mom and I were driving in the back country of northern San Luis Obispo county late yesterday on a wild flower quest, and there standing on a burm near the road was either the largest coyote or a scrappy shepherd, mostly light colored with a blush of darker fur. I really wished I would have stopped to attempt a photo.
Here's a local report.

― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
NeverMoonAWerewolf

This is really curious. Such along distance. Wonder what he is looking for,or if he's just adventuring.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

So... a discouraging up date.
The pings set off by the wolfs collar stopped on April 5th, that was right after he crossed into San Luis Obispo county. Some people were claiming they saw him at Pismo dunes but I don't think he would like all the off roaders over there. Anyway If they try to go looking for him now and if he is still alive, he could have traveled hundreds of miles form where he was on April 5th. Such a bummer. I highly doubt he found some unknown Central Coast pack of wolves. More likely met odds with a freaked out rancher. Sure would be great if he was still alive.
There is an area that is pretty vast and open inland from SLO where occasionally a bear still wanders down the mountain every now and then to go to the beach...to a little town called Los Osos! (lol, For good reason.) Maybe he's up that mountain.
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/califor ... g/2553029/
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Wouldn't the collar still ping if he died? Sounds rather like something happened to the collar.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Some updates.
Or 93 was spotted near the border of Kern and Ventura counties. Here he is catching a drink in a wildlife camera.
Such a beautiful creature. Love that he has a purple collar. (course, you can't see that in the black and white. lol) This was about two or more months ago.

Unfortunately, he has met his end via auto. Cars kill so much wildlife, wish there was a way to warn them not to cross. We almost hit a deer close to this area where he was found on the side of the road. Lots of wildlife up there, he probably found a home as it is sparsely populated and not too far from the condor sanctuary. They found him in town is Lebec, very near the top of the mountain outside of Los Angeles. The infamous Grapevine, the main artery out of the LA area. Dang, I am so sad for him. He was a first hope of this mighty beast returning to California.
Blessed Be Or 93, may your canine wisdom live on in the hearts of those who were passionate for you. RIP.
https://www.npr.org/2021/11/24/10590760 ... california

GREY WOLVES SAVE YELLOWSTONE ECOSYSTEM
These animals are pretty remarkable. Have a look at this short video about how the Wolf saved an ecosystem.
(trigger alert for those squeamish to death)

you can by-pass video and just read this story
https://www.yellowstone.org/wolf-project/

Thankful for wolfs
Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “Animals and Pets”