Page 4 of 5

Re: CLASSIC ROCK FAVS!

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:12 am
by Kassandra
.


Jimmmehhhhhh!! :woot: :woot:



.

Re: CLASSIC ROCK FAVS!

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:24 pm
by Kassandra
.


flashback Friday!

One of Sir Elton's finest. So glad someone saved his life that night...

phpBB [video]

Re: CLASSIC ROCK FAVS!

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:10 am
by YanaKhan
I LOVE sir Elton! Here's one from me!
phpBB [video]

Re: CLASSIC ROCK FAVS!

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:33 pm
by SnowCat
A lot of what's been posted is unfamiliar to me. I've been listening to country music for 40 years. I do like Fleetwood Mac, Santana, Elton John and Pink Floyd. That being said, I still miss Marty Robbins and Johnny Cash.

Snow

Re: CLASSIC ROCK FAVS!

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:48 am
by Kassandra
SnowCat wrote:I do like Fleetwood Mac, Santana, Elton John and Pink Floyd.
They're classic rocksters. Post some of your favs!
SnowCat wrote:That being said, I still miss Marty Robbins and Johnny Cash.
Start a "Classic Country Favs!" thread? :wink:





Ugh, rough week. I am so feelin' these lyrics right now..."clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right," and there I was, stuck in the middle!!

Just livin' life in the freakin' Matrix, I guess. bleh :tongueout:

(for the longest I thought this was a George Harrison song --doesn't it sound like him?)

phpBB [video]




.

Re: CLASSIC ROCK FAVS!

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:56 am
by Echo_of_shadows
Are you feeling strange? :wink: Here's The Doors performing People Are Strange on The Ed Sullivan Show.
phpBB [video]

Re: CLASSIC ROCK FAVS!

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:35 am
by SnowCat
I have a few. My posting is limited right now, to what I can do from my phone. I got rid of my crappy Internet service. Yo yo yo ! Sprint! You stink! Jesse Pinkman would probably be a bit more colorful, but you get the idea. It doesn't require spell work to hit companies in their bottom line.

Snow

Re: CLASSIC ROCK FAVS!

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:25 am
by Echo_of_shadows
Snowcat's call to Sprint:
Image
(Source) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B30QokNIgAICISb.jpg:large
:lol:

Attention Welsh Witches!...

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:48 pm
by Kassandra
.


Attention Welsh witches. This song's for you!

phpBB [video]



Flashback Friday, on a Saturday. :wink:





.

Re: Classic Rock Favs!

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:14 am
by Kassandra
.



I think from now on I'm going to just post links to songs, since these videos seem to get pulled from YouTube after we embed them here, lol. So, here's this morning's Classic Rock snack, a crazy little thing called...


screenshot.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TsOPjZEF6E




.

Re: Classic Rock Favs!

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:23 pm
by SilverWort
You like rock? smiley_dance I love rock.

phpBB [video]

Re: Classic Rock Favs!

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:19 pm
by Kassandra
.


Janis!



.

Re: Classic Rock Favs!

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:51 pm
by mrsdavid1975
Kassandra wrote:.


Attention Welsh witches. This song's for you!

phpBB [video]



Flashback Friday, on a Saturday. :wink:





.
My fav Stevie nicks song is actually " Beauty and the Beast ". Omg. Sooo beautiful.

And that queen song up there is another fav. " who wants to live forever".

I grew up in a musical family. We all song and play instruments and stuff. Mainly guitar. So I grew up loving classic rock stuff. My hippie parents had huge parties when I was little in the 70s. And they played a lot of allman brothers and Lynnard skynnard... Pink Floyd,black sabbath. Pretty much any of the jam stuff ..

Then into the 80s. .. My parents and aunts and uncles were blastin dire straights , zz top, Eagles, Then I had a grandfather who I always loved hangin out with who took me to a lot of bluegrass festivals. And he loved listening to Johnny cash and Waylon Jennings ... He also had a stash of old blues records from the 50s on up. Bb King and muddy waters type stuff.

So ya I'm pretty obsessed with the rock classics. ( and old country/ folk stuff too ).

My go to sing in the shower stuff is pretty much default Janis. Haha. When you sing that in the shower, you're gonna have a damn good day.

Re: Classic Rock Favs!

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:33 am
by Kassandra
.



Neat.




.

Re: Classic Rock Favs!

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:45 am
by SilverWort
Kassandra wrote:.


Janis!



.
Yeah! smileydance
mrsdavid1975 wrote: I grew up in a musical family. We all song and play instruments and stuff. Mainly guitar. So I grew up loving classic rock stuff. My hippie parents had huge parties when I was little in the 70s. And they played a lot of allman brothers and Lynnard skynnard... Pink Floyd,black sabbath. Pretty much any of the jam stuff ..

Then into the 80s. .. My parents and aunts and uncles were blastin dire straights , zz top, Eagles, Then I had a grandfather who I always loved hangin out with who took me to a lot of bluegrass festivals. And he loved listening to Johnny cash and Waylon Jennings ... He also had a stash of old blues records from the 50s on up. Bb King and muddy waters type stuff.

So ya I'm pretty obsessed with the rock classics. ( and old country/ folk stuff too ).

My go to sing in the shower stuff is pretty much default Janis. Haha. When you sing that in the shower, you're gonna have a damn good day.
I born in 80s, grew listening my big brother's rock and my father's swing and jazz. Now, I can't live without music. Love american classics, Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Minelli, Fitzgerald and of course rock, Janis, Elvis, AcDc, Queen ...

I usually sing Elvis in shower ...

We can't go on together, with suspicious minds ...

phpBB [video]