The Necronomicon: Pure darkness

Review and recommend pagan, spiritual, Wicca, & witchcraft books.
Asch

Re: The Necronomicon: Pure darkness

Post by Asch »

No, no, no, no, again the Necronomicon is not a 'real' occult book, never was. What you're referring to is at best an urban legend. I can't comment regarding the ouija board but I sincerely doubt that story's accuracy as well.
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
Lynxy Bloom

Post by Lynxy Bloom »

Ok, thanks, I didn't think so. :)
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

It's false.

I had a true copy, and I threw that junk away. Never saw it again :D
spook

Post by spook »

if it helps,some one once gave me a paperback copy because I like to read horror genre and I've lost it and it's never reap eared on my doorstep,shelf or back of toilet.
:wink:
Sag1130

Post by Sag1130 »

I would just like to make a few comments to those people who feel these spells and names have no power because of their origin. Anything that is believed in gains power and a form of consciousness. Enough people around the world believe in the power of that book and it's contents to fuel it for the intents it sites. So regardless if you believe that there are 'old ones' or that it was made up by an author, do realize that the power of belief is ultimate. If someone believes in the power that book contains its intentions will work and can (and undoubtly will) have negative consequences, just as would be the result for any negative intentions.
Nyxannwn

Post by Nyxannwn »

Sag1130 wrote:I would just like to make a few comments to those people who feel these spells and names have no power because of their origin. Anything that is believed in gains power and a form of consciousness. Enough people around the world believe in the power of that book and it's contents to fuel it for the intents it sites. So regardless if you believe that there are 'old ones' or that it was made up by an author, do realize that the power of belief is ultimate. If someone believes in the power that book contains its intentions will work and can (and undoubtly will) have negative consequences, just as would be the result for any negative intentions.
Just to let you all know, there's nothing inherently wrong with what the Necronomicon represents. Some people are into the idea of raising the dead *cough*myboyfriend*cough*. My boyfriend also owns the Satanic Bible. He's not Satanic, he's a very well educated, friendly, open-minded Shaman, and he chooses to educate himself on both light and dark magic. This is why I follow witchcraft rather than Wicca. I believe that to ONLY study white magic is to be unbalanced. Necromancy and Satanic studies are not what people think they are. It's just another cup of tea, so to speak. Nothing there to be fearful of.

Therefore (while I'm sure the creator of this topic had the best of intentions), none of you should fear or feel the need to be careful of the Necronomicon. In reality, it isn't real and has no validity. It's kind of a joke amoung serious Pagans. The more people that know not to take it seriously, the less power and credit you will be giving to it.

Blessings

~*~Nix~*~
Sag1130

Post by Sag1130 »

The main point is your intention. If you do something with ill will, magically or not, you will reap your karma. Also, true magic is balanced and should take into account all of the variables and consequences. There is no such thing as white or black magic, just practitioners who practice without balance and have more to learn.
Nyxannwn

Post by Nyxannwn »

Sag1130 wrote:The main point is your intention. If you do something with ill will, magically or not, you will reap your karma. Also, true magic is balanced and should take into account all of the variables and consequences. There is no such thing as white or black magic, just practitioners who practice without balance and have more to learn.
This is very true. The main point is always intention. Some people like to classify magic into white and black to make it easier on themselves... sort of like filing papers to stay organzined. I know for myself it makes it a little easier because then the lines aren't so undefined, and I'm less likely to try to do harm OR good unto someone because I'm taking into account (through naming) that this particular spell falls into this type of magic, therefore, I need to think a little harder about what I'm doing... good or bad.

It kind of just comes down to semantics..of course magic is magic.. black and white are simply labels.

~*~Nix~*~
SpectacularRain

Post by SpectacularRain »

I consider the Necronomicon a real book regardless of Lovecraft claiming it being false, merely for the sake that it was in his nightmares that that along with his stories originated. He was not superstitual and into the occult at all, he was just a horror writer, so of course he wouldn't think it would be possible for it to exist. On that note, any of the copies you may have seen including the Simon version are false hack up jobs that someone put together to try to benefit off of Lovecraft's stories, concepts, etc etc. The false ones aren't to be dabbled with though without caution. They could easily do wrong if you follow the rituals and spells in the books.
Fionn The Mutt

Post by Fionn The Mutt »

Drsrh wrote:I consider the Necronomicon a real book regardless of Lovecraft claiming it being false, merely for the sake that it was in his nightmares that that along with his stories originated. He was not superstitual and into the occult at all, he was just a horror writer, so of course he wouldn't think it would be possible for it to exist.
Yes, Lovecraft was a horror/science fiction/fantasy writer, which means that the idea of a grimoire is far from an unusual idea. Even if Lovecraft wasn't an occultist, research is part of a writer's trade. He still would've known what a grimoire was and who used them for what. The idea of a grimoire wasn't created by him, even if the idea of the Necronomicon was. It's also worth noting that grimoires were a common item in fantasy written in the 1930's, which he read quite a bit of, being a contemporary and friend of such folks as Robert E Howard, the creator of Conan the Barbarian and Solomon Kane.
On that note, any of the copies you may have seen including the Simon version are false hack up jobs that someone put together to try to benefit off of Lovecraft's stories, concepts, etc etc. The false ones aren't to be dabbled with though without caution. They could easily do wrong if you follow the rituals and spells in the books.
The Simon Necronomicon and the others floating about are mostly based on previous grimoires with a bit of Lovecraftian flavour to taste. There was a market and a bunch of people provided. Using them properly will get definite results, but whether they "do wrong" or not is entirely up to the performer of the rituals and their talents in the magical side of things.
Wolfmoon caster
Banned Member

Post by Wolfmoon caster »

Well I have a few Necronomicons from Different Authors Just for reading, Like Nyx's boyfriend I like reading all different forms of magic. Just thought Id say Its not for actually raising the dead, more like creating a poltergeist spirit in the form of a deceased person coming back to life all icky and dead, the poltergeist would be used to torment your enemies if they had a deceased loved one they cared about.
Wolfmoon caster
Banned Member

Post by Wolfmoon caster »

The poltergeist spirit thingy cant actually hurt anyone, just give you a heart attack.
Katrina33

Post by Katrina33 »

I have seen it with my own eyes and say that the book reeks of darkness.i scorn myself for even touching it.
Fionn The Mutt

Post by Fionn The Mutt »

I have seen it with my own eyes and say that the book reeks of darkness.i scorn myself for even touching it.
It's a book. Unless some person went out of their way to ensure that the copy that you have was somehow magically tampered with(protip: It's unlikely at best), then the "reeking of darkness" thing is your own perception of what the book supposedly represents. It's a common reaction, especially since the title starts with "necro"
gigamira

Post by gigamira »

Ah, the Necronomicon. Like the Illuminati, a plot device in a fictional novel somehow gets people thinking that it is, in fact, real.

Return to “Book Reviews”