incense

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
LycanBlade

incense

Post by LycanBlade »

i wasnt sure where to put this so i figured id dump it here and wait to see if its moved

BUT

I know that incense scents (like candle colors) can have different meanings and i was wondering if anyone knew where a list of these meaning are or if anyone knew several....im particular looking to see if dragonsblood has a particular meaning since its my favorite and i burn a stick almost every day
oakleafwolf

Post by oakleafwolf »

Scott Cunningham probably has a reference book about this, he's good for that sort of thing but might I suggest you do your own searching on the matter. Dragonsblood being your favorite, it probably has a meaning for you that is slightly different from anyone else on the planet.

For example, if I were to only go by standard references, my favorite herb (rue) would only be for 'love spells' and goddess work but I often use rue plants with male energy for extremely potent courage-building spells and meditations. Or the rune Eihwaz- typically means 'yew tree' and has associations to hunting but for me, personally, I find I can use it as an additional protection rune. Neither of these may work for another person, but they're tailored perfectly to me and the way I resonate, so I find it's more natural to use them and so my work flows better because of it.

If you'd like to try to figure out your personal association with dragonsblood incense, try taking a handful of it sometime and sit down in calm, sacred space. Begin a meditative breathing pattern and just think and feel your incense. Try to picture your spirit self mingling with it and ask yourself (or even ask the incense, you never know what'll work) what does this mean to me? Why do I like it? What is it about this that calls out to me? Does it "feel" like a certain color, emotion, etc? Does it have a particular energy signature that's similar to something else I've encountered?

Using this method, you'll probably get an answer that's easier to remember than a chart of scents vs. correspondences in a book, anyway, as it will have extra meaning for you when you put the time into it.

Hope this helps!

-Oak
LycanBlade

Post by LycanBlade »

Thank you I will deffinetly try this later tonight.

~LycanBlade~
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

Dragon’s blood (as an herb) may be used in as an ingredient or substitute for magick spells and formulas related to Mars matters (aggression, courage, defensive magick, exorcism, , hex-breaking, lust, physical strength, , protection, sexual energy, sexual potency, and strength)
as an incense it is used for love affairs mostly but for the above as well too.
i hope i helped
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: incense

Post by SpiritTalker »

Cinnamon - spirituality, psychism, success

Clove - banishing, remove interference

Cedar & Juniper - cleansing, communication, peace

Frankincense & Myrrh - Cleansing, protection, spiritual purification, Sun & Moon

Lavender - sleep, peace, purify, protection

Rose - abundance, love & clears stuck energy

Rosemary - all-purpose purification & protection

Sage - purification, spirit protection

Thyme - purification, strength, and courage - Greek temple incense

Return to “Potions”