Rose Water

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
BlackMirror

Rose Water

Post by BlackMirror »

If you manage to get some today consider making rose water. Used in various HooDoo recipes it's also great as a toner for your skin. It also smells great and can be used in perfume.

Bring distilled water to a boil.
Put petals in a heat proof bowl.
Once the water boils pour over petals.
Hint: freeze a lid for the bowl and cover once the water is added. This helps the essential oils to go back into the water.
Lenaleanna

Re: Rose Water

Post by Lenaleanna »

Thank you for this!!! Now I hope I get some roses... loveface
Normally hubby and I just say Happy Valentine's Day and I love you... as we do daily... ;) smileylove smiley_dance :kiss: smileykiss2

Lena
When the ground gives way and your world collapses, maybe you just need to have faith. And trust that you can survive this. Maybe you just need to hold on tight. And no matter what, don't let go.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Do you think it necessary to pick a fragrant rose for this? Just curious, I would suppose if it were used for magical applications the fragrance isn't that important, right?
I would warn to definitely not use ones form a flower shop or any retail establishment or on line unless you KNOW they are organic and haven't been sprayed with anything. Most retail roses are from Columbia and Ecuador where they use pesticides long banned in this country.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
BlackMirror

Post by BlackMirror »

Just about any type of rose will do. I have a can of dried roses from various funerals of loved ones. The smell is still strong even though the flowers are two years old or more. I think the intent and and source would be more important than the strength of the smell.

Return to “Potions”