Lux Love Potion

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
dualhands

Lux Love Potion

Post by dualhands »

Here's a variant of a old love potion, that I use.

Your going to need:

Moon blessed purified spring water ( 2 cups )
impatiens
petunias
( or any red and pink flower that is not toxic )
solomons seal root
cinnamon
lemon verbena leaf
damiana leaf
jasmine flowers
oak leaves

Flowers

Oak leaves ( this is white oak )

Moon blessed water

Solomons seal root

jasmine flowers

Damiana Leaf

Lemon verbena leaf

Good ol' cinnamon

Put your moon blessed water on the stove and turn the heat up to 4 ( a lil bit over medium for other stoves )

Add oak leaves

Add 1 teaspoon of all ingrediants EXCEPT the jasmine flowers. Use 1 tablespoon of jasmine flowers

Let it heat up and stir it all around, then bring to a boil.

Let it boil for 15-20 minutes

Get a strainer, and a bowl with a pouring spout

Ta dah

After about 20 minutes of boiling it should look like this

Pour and strain

You can either save this in a jar, or drink it, or it works very well if you share a cup with a lover.

Enjoy! smileylove
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Kassandra

Re: Lux Love Potion

Post by Kassandra »

What's it taste like to you? I'm only familiar with the taste of the cinnamon, lemon verbena and jasmine. The other stuff, what's it taste like all mixed together and stuff? Thanks.

Nice process pics, by the way.

Oh, another question. I like how the ingredients bags have little descriptive blurbs on them. What company are they from? Thanks again.

Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I don't know what I would ever compare the taste of damiana to. It's just... different.

I still like the pictures...
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Be honest Vesca, is it nasty? lol

Guess there's only one way for me to find out, make some!

Vesca

Post by Vesca »

It's not nasty. :) I'm really particular when it comes to taste, it's actually pretty neutral.

It can also be fairly expensive when compared to other teas or herbs. But it's a pretty good solid base when it comes to relaxing, becoming more receptive to dreaming, and of course the aphrodesiac quality (which ties into the relaxation and receptive qualities really).

Just a heads up, most sources will warn you not to overdose on damiana. :P No more than 2-3 servings (cups of tea, or whatever) per week, so keep that in mind.

These days, it works better to relax me after a long painful day than alcohol does. So... there's that. Can you tell it's one of my go-to teas? haha
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

Alone, Damiana isn't the best tasting herb IMO lol. However when all this is combined together it's not something you'll have to "choke down" I like to put honey in it to make it sweet.

And those packets of herbs are from a metaphysical store called " open doors ". Im fairly certain they do not have a website to purchase from. And there is no actual "label" that distinguishes where they are from.
But they sure are nifty for selecting various one's to make tea's!!!

Try the tea! you shall not be disappointed. It does make most feel a bit frisky :p

*edit*

Price wise. I got 2 oz for $6 of the damiana, the jasmine was $9 for 2 oz. So its not too bad!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

OK, thanks for the info on that, dualhands.

Hmm, as I am wont to do, I was contemplating other potential uses for it (I like repurposing stuff!)

Let's see:

* pour a little on a dying plant every day, to give it some "love," revive it

* use it as a "wash" and bathe a poppet in it, to send some long distance love vibes to someone

* pour it in a ritual (healing, "self love") bath, like say when you've had a day that was rough on your ego in some way (your heart was hurting from a recent break up, or a job loss, etc.). I would reserve some of the actual flower petals, and sprinkle them in the bath water for a pretty effect

hmm, what else?

dualhands

Post by dualhands »

Kassandra wrote:.

OK, thanks for the info on that, dualhands.

Hmm, as I am wont to do, I was contemplating other potential uses for it (I like repurposing stuff!)

Let's see:

* pour a little on a dying plant every day, to give it some "love," revive it

* use it as a "wash" and bathe a poppet in it, to send some long distance love vibes to someone

* pour it in a ritual (healing, "self love") bath, like say when you've had a day that was rough on your ego in some way (your heart was hurting from a recent break up, or a job loss, etc.). I would reserve some of the actual flower petals, and sprinkle them in the bath water for a pretty effect

hmm, what else?

I like your idea of repurposing this recipe for similar uses. As it does give a nice warm feeling, It would be great adding this to a bath. I might have to try that one.

Maybe even just a teaspoon, a day. In regular tea/drink for an uplifted spirit. smileylove
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Indeed.

And, I might crumble just the dry herb mixture a little, place it in a vial with a nice oil carrier of some sort, like almond oil, and keep it on hand to dress candles, as needed, for related spell work.

Ha, the options are limitless! Thanks for posting this potion recipe. :wink:

dualhands

Post by dualhands »

I think I might do the same thing, for anointing candles for attraction and love spells.

You're welcome!

And thanks for the wonderful ideas :D
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

dualhands wrote:I think I might do the same thing, for anointing candles for attraction and love spells.

You're welcome!

And thanks for the wonderful ideas :D
You're welcome, I was just thinking out loud. If you do the condition oil thing, be sure to empty a capsule of Vitamin E oil into the vial with the herbs. Otherwise, it might develop this, what I call, "mystery cloud" in it, this white, gooey film within the herbs (perhaps it's bacteria?). Vit E seems to inhibit its growth, and keep the oil clear, indefinitely.

Feather&Stone

Post by Feather&Stone »

Found this at just the perfect time, thanks for sharing!! The labels from Open Door look so much like the ones from Earthlore I was going to ask if you're from MI! Lol.

Return to “Potions”