A Delicious Tea Potion for Meditative Clarity

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
Heartsong

A Delicious Tea Potion for Meditative Clarity

Post by Heartsong »

I've used this potion recently to both enhance my ability to keep a clear mind for meditations, as well as to grant me clarity during divinations. In both cases, it was helpful, and very tasty. ;)

I found this potion in Spells for a Solitary Witch by Eileen Holland. Marvelous book! I've altered some of her recommendations for the spell to suit my own personal tastes, but it remains a very effective spell.

Ingredients:

Chamomile tea (I prefer to make my own blend of chamomile and Holland leaves plenty of room for you to improvise)
A pinch of aniseed (discard it after the tea has finished steeping)

Optional: A mug or cup in any shade of blue or purple (dark blue has worked best for me)

The Spell

Be sure that the space you will both brew the tea and drink the tea is clean physically and spiritually. It will help you focus. :) Fill your kettle or pot with clean, fresh water (Holland advises spring water, but tap water works fine). Heat the kettle until the water is at a full boil. When it reaches this point, with steam rising into the air, regard it and say:

Powers of Water, Powers or Fire,
Bring to me what I desire.

Either put the herbs in the kettle directly or the tea bag into your cup, and pour the boiling water over them. Allow the brew to steep a bit. Inhale its steam and say:

Powers of Earth,Powers of Air,
Draw to me all that is fair.

Remove the tea bag(s), or pour the tea from the pot into a cup. Hold both hands (or just your projective hand) over the cup for a moment, and focus your intent, feel it swirl and infuse with the tea. Stir the tea in the shape of Wunjo, :joyrune:, and say:

This cup of tea is now enchanted,
with seeds of clarity, firmly planted.
Aromatic magickal potion,
As I drink, set my spell in motion.

Allow the tea to cool to personal taste. I have found that it is best to drink this tea right before you plan to meditate or perform any divination. These are the incantations I like to say during the spell, but you are, of course, welcome to craft your own. I hope this is useful.

Brightest Blessings!

~Heartsong~ smileylove
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Vervain

Re: A Delicious Tea Potion for Meditative Clarity

Post by Vervain »

Ooh, I really like this! I may try this this evening! Thank you for posting.
Heartsong

Re: A Delicious Tea Potion for Meditative Clarity

Post by Heartsong »

Your welcome! It always works for me. I add sugar since I really don't like anything bitter.

Sigh, I adore hot tea. ;)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone

Return to “Potions”