Massive sleep issues... HELP!!

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
Winter Rose

Massive sleep issues... HELP!!

Post by Winter Rose »

Hello :)

::darkmood::
I have a friend, and she has MASSIVE issues sleeping. She goes to bed at 9.30, but then doesn't fall asleep until after midnight. In the morning, she has to wake up at 6 to go to school. She's so tired all the time... It's affecting her school work. She's tried meditation, candles, warm tea, almost everything. Is there a potion to help her sleep??? Thank you in advance :wave:

~Winter Rose~
Winter Rose

Re: Massive sleep issues... HELP!!

Post by Winter Rose »

Anything? :)

~Winter Rose~
xhesive

Post by xhesive »

There's a few things your friend could try on the mundane level like eliminating sugar and caffeine in the evening and at night, getting in enough exercise throughout the day or at least 2 hours before bedtime so your friend isn't wound up at bedtime, soothing music or those sleep cd's that send out delta waves, or she could just set away some time to herself everyday to self reflect so that it's easier to calm her mind when it comes time sleep.

Herbally, jasmine, lavendar, and chamomile teas are all pretty good. Some swear by valerian too which can be taken as a tea but tastes pretty bad.

One last thing: from what you described, it sounds like your friend is trying way too hard to get to sleep at night and sleep is one of those tricky things where the harder we try, the more awake we'll be. Tell your friend to relax first and foremost.
Winter Rose

Post by Winter Rose »

Thanks for the reply!

She's tried everything you said in your first paragraph :? But, I'm pretty sure she hasn't tried Valerian! I'll mention it to her. Once again, thank you :)
xhesive

Post by xhesive »

Anytime :) Hopefully it helps. The only thing about valerian is it should be taken in small doses, not on a routine basis, and it shouldn't be taken by anyone with a heart condition. If your friend is taking any sort of medicine she should do a little research first and make sure that whatever herb she uses, if any, doesn't react to the medicine or have any adverse side effects.
FireQueen

Post by FireQueen »

Also, check if she's taking B group multi-vitamins.

If so and she's taking them in the evening they can have a stimulating effect that can in some instances cause wakefulness.

If the problem persists for much longer, then I would strongly encourage your friend to visit a naturopath or herbalist so that a comprehensive case history may be taken and an appropriate treatment regime can be developed.

Brightest blessings and best wishes to your friend for a good night's sleep!
No one in the world can alter truth. All we can do is seek it and live it.
Sparkles

Post by Sparkles »

I am a major insomniac and so I can fully empahise with your friend, about a year ago I found this on e-how and it really helped me. Maybe your friend can try this and see how she gets on.

Let us know xx

http://www.ehow.com/how_2340121_make-sl ... otion.html

-Instructions

Things you'll need:
1 tbsp. valerian tincture
1 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp. honey
1/2 cup hot milk
2 drops lavender essential oil

Mix the valerian tincture, honey and apple cider vinegar together about 20 minutes before going to bed. Set aside.

Heat up the milk.

Add 1/4 cup hot milk to the mixture and stir. Add the rest of the milk. Drink the mixture slowly.

Get into bed and apply two drops of lavender to your wrists. Rub your wrists together. Lavender has soothing properties and will help you drift off to sleep!
Winter Rose

Post by Winter Rose »

FireQueen wrote:Also, check if she's taking B group multi-vitamins.

If so and she's taking them in the evening they can have a stimulating effect that can in some instances cause wakefulness.

If the problem persists for much longer, then I would strongly encourage your friend to visit a naturopath or herbalist so that a comprehensive case history may be taken and an appropriate treatment regime can be developed.

Brightest blessings and best wishes to your friend for a good night's sleep!

I have told her to see them, but she doesn't believe that "they" work. It's really irritating! Because I know that they do :| She may be able to be fixed, but Nooooooooo... lol. Sorry. :)
Winter Rose

Post by Winter Rose »

Sparkles wrote:I am a major insomniac and so I can fully empahise with your friend, about a year ago I found this on e-how and it really helped me. Maybe your friend can try this and see how she gets on.

Let us know xx

http://www.ehow.com/how_2340121_make-sl ... otion.html

-Instructions

Things you'll need:
1 tbsp. valerian tincture
1 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp. honey
1/2 cup hot milk
2 drops lavender essential oil

Mix the valerian tincture, honey and apple cider vinegar together about 20 minutes before going to bed. Set aside.

Heat up the milk.

Add 1/4 cup hot milk to the mixture and stir. Add the rest of the milk. Drink the mixture slowly.

Get into bed and apply two drops of lavender to your wrists. Rub your wrists together. Lavender has soothing properties and will help you drift off to sleep!
Ohhh maybe that will work! Thank you smileydance
[WITCH1]

Post by [WITCH1] »

I just suggest hot coco, reading, music, a long movie, or being active in the day then you will be tired at night, this may not be potions but it helps alot!
Not all scars show, not all wounds heal, you can't always see the pain someone feels.
Luna19

Post by Luna19 »

Don't know if you are still interested in sleep help, but I had the same issues and my Doctor suggested meditation. I personally need guided meditation to quiet my mind. There is a great free one on iTunes. Qit's Jesse &Jeanne Stern
There are all sorts of meditations, the sleep one is terrific. All the other replies we're great, add this one and she will sleep like a log. Luna.
MoonlitOrchid

Post by MoonlitOrchid »

I was told to lie in bed and stiffen my entire body and hold all my muscles tense. Then, slowly release one section of muscles at a time. Have eyes closed and relaxed breathing. When done you really do feel relaxed. I like to follow that with meditation. I usually drift right off to sleep.
Ula

Post by Ula »

Melatonin is non-addictive and does not cross the blood/brain barrier. It doesn't put you to sleep so much as it lets your mind relax.
LA-Fairy

Post by LA-Fairy »

I have been having some major sleep issues, it goes from being drop dead tired, to forcing myself to go to bed, and not falling asleep and then not wanting to get up in the morning, which bothers me, because I need an hour to fully wake up and 'be human', so when I sleep till 10, and my day starts at 11, I get really annoyed with myself.

I shall try making a Lavender and Honey potion.
movingcloud

Post by movingcloud »

I started taking melatonin. It can be found in grocery stores/drug stores. It is cheap and works really well for me. Start with a low dosage and take it from there. Please make sure she adds this to her list of medications should she ever go to the hospital/Dr for anything.

Return to “Potions”