Potions Please C:

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
Maribella<3

Potions Please C:

Post by Maribella<3 »

Need potions please! C:
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Well what kind of potions, darling?
That's like saying I'd like a drink... Well, okay, so you want a liquid.
Narrow it down a bit?
Maribella<3

Post by Maribella<3 »

See I don't have anything specific in mind, although simple is prefered. I'm putting togther my BoS and wanted to get some good potions for it. C: I know that doesn't help narrow it down much, but maybe you have some favorites your willing to share?
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Maribella<3 wrote:See I don't have anything specific in mind, although simple is prefered. I'm putting togther my BoS and wanted to get some good potions for it. C: I know that doesn't help narrow it down much, but maybe you have some favorites your willing to share?
Well actually, I very rarely record potions I make. I make a new one for each occasion and each specific use, incorporating plants I associate with certain people involved. Therefore, I don't have many potions recorded. A few I have {and I know, the ingredients may seem strange, but it's just how I work things} can be found below.

Protection Potion
Rosemary
Witch Hazel
Cactus Spines
Dogwood

Boil until it takes a green tint to it.
Throw over a fire, visualizing who you want to protect and what from.

Keep Me In Your Thoughts
Carrot {a large, whole one}
Cinnamon
Lavender
Lemon
Vanilla
Willow

{You will also need something that belongs to the person you wish to think of you}

Add vanilla {extract} to water and bring it to a boil.
Add cinnamon, lavender, lemon {juice} and willow leaves.
Stir concoction with the carrot, until you feel it is complete.
Take off heat and sprinkle the potion {using the carrot} on the belonging of the person you wish to effect. You could say a little something here to make your point clear, but I'm not one for theatrics.

Giving Confidence
Dill
Vanilla
Willow

Add vanilla extract {I use vanilla as a base quite often} to water and bring to a boil.
Add other ingredients and continue to boil.
Remove from heat and bottle.
Pour it somewhere they will have to cross, visualizing the person full of confidence. Standing up for themselves, strong, etc. {I poured mine across my friend's driveway} /// note: don't envision them too confident, then things get messy.

*Let it be noted that these are just bases. You can add other things as well, to make it more personal, give it a boost. I tend to stick to basics and let my mind and magic work out the rest.*
Maribella<3

Post by Maribella<3 »

Thanks! C: I haven't really gotten into potions yet so this will help get me started.
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

No problem. ^^

Now I'll just wait for people to be all like, "Why is that there? That has nothing to do with blah blah blah...." That's the reason I hate posting my own things. I feel like I'm being scrutinized. XD But meh, that's okay. Most everything I put together, I put together from pure instinct and it always seems to work perfectly. Other peoples spells are the ones that seem to do squat for for me. :P
Wishes

Post by Wishes »

I'm curious Twine, why do you put Cactus Spines in a recovery potion?

I've never seen, nor heard of them, so I am unaware of their properties or what they even are xD

Also, do use use extract of lemon and other extracts, or it the actual thing. and if it is the actual plant, for lemon do you use the rind, the fiber, the juice, or the entire thing?

I fail potions :P
~Best Wishes in Everything You Do~

Wishes
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Wishes wrote:I'm curious Twine, why do you put Cactus Spines in a recovery potion?

I've never seen, nor heard of them, so I am unaware of their properties or what they even are xD

Also, do use use extract of lemon and other extracts, or it the actual thing. and if it is the actual plant, for lemon do you use the rind, the fiber, the juice, or the entire thing?

I fail potions :P
I use cactus spines (needles) in a protection spell. Many people use them in witches bottle for their protective properties and to cancel out ill magic cast toward them. Why do I use it in this potion? Because when I go to make something for a specific purpose, the ingredients just show up in my head. I've learned now to just trust my instincts, for they very (I can't remember the last time) they lead me wrong.

I USUALLY use lemon juice when I'm working with potions, but I would use the rind or even wedges of a lemon. Most plant parts can be interchanged, from what I have experienced. There are certain instances, like as if you were using rose for a love potion and you couldn't get the petals so you use the thorns, THAT I wouldn't recommend, just because I wouldn't want to associate pain with my love spell. Unless you're into that. XD
Embracing_Insomnia

Re: Potions Please C:

Post by Embracing_Insomnia »

There are certain instances, like as if you were using rose for a love potion and you couldn't get the petals so you use the thorns, THAT I wouldn't recommend, just because I wouldn't want to associate pain with my love spell. Unless you're into that. XD
^That made me giggle quite a bit xD
Lovely potions too by the way. Maybe rose thorns could be used to protect against a lover or friend (someone you love) who seeks to do you harm? I probably wouldn't use thorns for a love potion either...
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I use rose thorns for protection all the time, I can't get blackthorn thorns.
RainingMoon

Post by RainingMoon »

I recently made a love potion.. haven't yet tried it so I'm not sure if it works(:

*This potion it is for attracting love, not making someone love you*

You need:

2 cups of distilled water (or normal, but I like distilled)
1/2 lemon
1/2 apple
1/4 cup of blackberries (frozen or fresh)

Bring water to a boil. Slice lemon and apple thinly and add to water, along with the berries. Simmer for 10 minutes. Take off heat and strain so only liquid remains. Pour into a recoverable bottle.

When it is a waxing moon (that is at least half full), take the bottle outdoors. Raise it to the moon and chant 3 times:

Sister Moon, lovely in the sky
Share your heart, your warmth
Bless this water with the powers of love

Place the bottle somewhere it can absorb moonlight. To enhance the powers, place rose quartz (for love) and/or clear quartz (for absorbing energies) around the bottle.

After it has absorbed at least one night of moonlight, it is ready for use.

Return to “Potions”