A STRONG love potio

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

shadowx wrote:But that doesnt change the fact that magick must exist in the same universe as science, and hence both follow the same rules. (it's too early for this.... *yawn*)
Yea yea yea, i know, I was just sayin that science cant explain magick.
Like wolf said, energy manipulation and 'mind over matter'.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I agree, science hasnt got there yet, but it will.

What is sending a message between two black boxes? Magick? No, because we call it radio comms. Magick is a word used to describe something we dont understand.

Like i have said many times before, cut off tribes who live with tradition would call a lot of what we can do today, magick. Especially the really, really isolated ones. If you took a tazer to them and showed them what happens when you pull the trigger after firing (after firing most tazers two little prongs are still on the gun and it can make a spark between the prongs so if your shot misses you can take them down in melee range) they would look at that spark and think "JESUS! That be magick!" Because they dont understand it and they dont have a word for it. We call it electrocution, or OUCH! for short.

So what is magick if it isnt part of science we dont understand? Science is just a catch-all word for things we DO understand. lightning is science, we know how it is formed and we can test it. Magick is not science because we cannot see cause and effect clearly and we cant measure or test it effectively.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

shadowx wrote: Magick is not science because we cannot see cause and effect clearly and we cant measure or test it effectively.
Exactly my point.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

ahh but when we DO see the method of magick and DO have decent theories, then, then it becomes science!
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

The problem i have is that a hell of a lot of pagans want things to be true because they are cool. Potions, transformations, demons, gods etc... are all cool things, mysterious, special, magickal etc... And the world isnt like that. People live in this little bubble where everything is magickal and special and great and loving and its all a lie. One giant lie!

I have no time for such people. The world is full of crap, full of people i despise. To ignore them and invent things just because they sound cool is foolishness of the highest order.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

To get back on subject; Have you thought of adding sharks fin to it?
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I do hope, and imagine, you are referring to a herb of the same name? Rather than the appendage of a sea creature?
I like to think there is something deep and meaningful in the world.
I too would like to think that, but there is no evidence, no credible explanation, theory or suggestions. Hence i cannot think or accept it.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

Sharks fin is used in many cultures as an ingredient for cooking and powdered sharks fin is what I was referring to.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Just to confirm, you mean the fleshy fin from a living, swimming shark, as in the giant fish that lives in the sea and eats things?

Not a plant or something else with the nickname "sharksfin"?
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

that's the only thing I know of that has one; if you get it from the right source the rest of the body is used for other cooking endeavors as well, I guess it's considered a delicacy. I've heard it kicks up the effect a few notches.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Ahh then let us hope you are struck with some horrible affliction :)

Assuming you refer to fins from sharks humanely killed before finning then i retract my desire for you to suffer. However...

[Sarcasm]
Nothing quite says love like "Oh hai, here is a piece of animal flesh :D I hope you like it :D :D"
[/Sarcasm]

Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

shadowx wrote:Ahh then let us hope you are struck with some horrible affliction :)

Assuming you refer to fins from sharks humanely killed before finning then i retract my desire for you to suffer. However...

[Sarcasm]
Nothing quite says love like "Oh hai, here is a piece of animal flesh :D I hope you like it :D :D"
[/Sarcasm]

I do mean ones that have been humanly killed or have died of natural causes, and have been found before the flesh starts to decay.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

:?

I remain unconvinced...
Thorn Healer

Post by Thorn Healer »

Thankyou very much for the tip Melindrose! Shark fin sounds like a fabulous addition to the recipe. ^_^
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Nothing like ignorance to wake me up in the morning :)

Return to “Potions”