Paintings by DPhoenix

Share photos or links to your arts and crafts here. Jewelry, paintings, crafts, graphic art.
DPhoenix

The Awakening

Post by DPhoenix »

I call this one The Awakening

The lotus flower is blooming, lighting up the psyche and causing the third eye to awaken.

The runes (with a little help from the white paint) spell out "Nam Myoho Renge Kyo" which is my favorite Buddhist mantra.

Nam = To devote oneself
Myoho = Mystic Law
Renge = Lotus Flower (or Karmic Law)
Kyo = Sutra (or that all things in the universe are a manifestation of the Mystic Law)

If you're interested in buying it the details can be found here: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p178201
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
DPhoenix

Triumph of the Morrigan

Post by DPhoenix »

I call this one the Triumph of the Morrigan

There are herbs mixed into the paints I used for the grass and dirt.
The runes I used in the night sky are:

Thurisaz: Representing the Morrigan's force of destruction and defense (or could be seen as the scourge)
Uruz: Representing her physical strength, untamed potential, courage, tenacity, and wisdom (also the rune of the ox and she did take the form of a cow in one of the tales)
Perthro: feminine mysteries, hidden things and occult abilities
Algiz: Defense, warding off of evil, shield, guardian. Connection with the gods, awakening, higher life. It can be used to channel energies appropriately
Sowilo: Success, goals achieved, honor. The life-force, health. A time when power will be available to you for positive changes in your life, victory, health, and success. Contact between the higher self and the unconscious. Wholeness, power, elemental force, sword of flame, cleansing fire.

This painting was created just as I would an amulet or talisman and is programmed to impart aspects of the Morrigan upon meditation.

So far I think of all the things I've painted, this is my favorite. Still on the fence of whether or not I want to sell it.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
MistressOfTheMoon

Paintings by DPhoenix

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

I LOVE your Triumph of Morrigan. Such wonderful artwork ;) If you're having doubts, don't sell it. If it inspires you and stirs your soul, then it's definitely a keeper.
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.
DPhoenix

Re: Paintings by DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

lilgeekess wrote:I LOVE your Triumph of Morrigan. Such wonderful artwork ;) If you're having doubts, don't sell it. If it inspires you and stirs your soul, then it's definitely a keeper.
Yeah it's my favorite so far! The only problem is I don't have any wall space to hang it. :(

Guess I'll hold off on selling it and see what life has in store.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
MistressOfTheMoon

Paintings by DPhoenix

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

DPhoenix wrote: Yeah it's my favorite so far! The only problem is I don't have any wall space to hang it. :(

Guess I'll hold off on selling it and see what life has in store.
Sounds good DPhoenix :) Maybe you can put it on a frame and stand for a table? Assuming your room has one.
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.

Return to “Artwork”