But A Few Pieces by Twine

Share photos or links to your arts and crafts here. Jewelry, paintings, crafts, graphic art.
Twine
Banned Member

But A Few Pieces by Twine

Post by Twine »

I really enjoy art, so I'm not quite sure why I haven't posted something in this topic sooner. I don't have many pictures of my art (especially the pieces I've sold), but I'll upload what photos I have on my phone to share with you lovely people. :) I hope you enjoy:
This is a painting I'm currently working on. I still have to do another 'skin' coat, as well as put in all the final touches. I like how it's coming along so far.... Except for the eye that needs to be repositioned, but that'll take like to seconds. XD
These are two separate paintings, but I'm not getting rid of them unless they go together. I'm not sure why, but I know they need to stick together. I wrote a story that goes with them about how the first witch came to be, and why the Moon is so important to them. I like them.... and big hair, in case you couldn't tell.
One of the first paintings I did and held on to. It's not the best, but it is to symbolize that my love is strangling me. As shown by the chord latching my heart the the heart of the calla lily (which symbolizes ever-lasting love). Not my best, but has sentimental value.
And finally.... here are a couple of the dolls I made. The bigger one has clothes, I just.... don't remember where they went. He even has tiny little red Converse made of cardboard. I love them. :) They're nothing special, I just do that sort of thing for fun. ^^
AutumnMaidens

Re: But A Few Pieces

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Oh wow love your style! Love the big hair, and wow, those dolls blew me away! I've always wanted to make dolls but never have been able to, just don't have the sowing gene I guess :D
Amazing job and I would really like to read the story about those two paintings!

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Well, thank you very much. :) The dolls weren't too bad, except the hair! Especially on the bigger one. I laid EVERY piece. The back is even more complicated. There's a swirl and all that jazz. Phew. Took forever. But I'm glad someone appreciates it. XD Also, as far as style goes, I like to say if Frida Kahlo and Art Nouveau had a child, that's what mine would be. XD
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

Wow you are so talented! Seriously good paintings and the dolls are really cute.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
FireQueen

Post by FireQueen »

Gorgeous work honey!!! :)
No one in the world can alter truth. All we can do is seek it and live it.
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Awwwww, you guys are too sweet. :3 Rest assured, I'd reply more thoroughly, but for some reason, my computer is being hateful to the site and I can only access it on my phone. Sadness.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I like them; they really dig into the sense of self. The hair, a major focus that plays through all these pieces, seems to shield yet define the female figures. Great use of shadow as well.
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

JBRaven wrote:I like them; they really dig into the sense of self. The hair, a major focus that plays through all these pieces, seems to shield yet define the female figures. Great use of shadow as well.
Well thank you. :) And yes, I'm not sure why, but hair has always been important to me. Hair and eyes. Strange thing of it is, whenever I paint myself, I usually do it as very androgynous with no defining features BUT the hair. Perhaps I feel my hair is my main feature. Even in the newest one (below; did it last night) my hair really sticks out.

I hope it exemplifies my current pain appropriately.

Return to “Artwork”