Had Another Breakdown at Work Today

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
Oddball

Had Another Breakdown at Work Today

Post by Oddball »

Burst into tears again. Went home. Seeing my shrink tonight. Frustrated at family. Broke up with friend. Been told to smile & pretend everything’s ok for 10 years. I can’t afford to leave. Going nuts. I need advice.
T'a Nuk

Re: Had Another Breakdown at Work Today

Post by T'a Nuk »

Every second presents choices Oddball. Breathe, step back from the illusion and look. First determine what you need specifically, beginning with the body, then the mind. Without these things in good order, the spirit will not flourish. Reduce your day to single moments. In those moments, examine your options. Examine them with love for yourself and see where the light leads. Things suck right now, but the soul and the universe always seek balance, so it will smooth out. Get to know yourself again, find your gifts, and rise. This is a battle for sure, but you will emerge victorious and stronger. Keep moving forward. You are not abandoned, reach out your hand, it will be taken...
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Pressures at work will often times bring to the surface other issues that have been bothering us, so don't beat yourself up too much it's pretty common to have a meltdown at work.
It's's a good thing you decided to go see a counselor :D that'll help you get some stuff off your chest I commend you on that. Take care of yourself and don't pretend everything is ok when it isn't but try not to listen to the stupid things other people say, and that's a challenge.
And ditto what T'a Nuk said :fairy:
Many blessings of healing, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Common thing that I've found helps manage both my anxiety and depression is meditation. And you don't have to sit and do it all at once. Twenty minutes over the course of the day in whatever increments you need or have time for helps. There is data to support this as well.

You might also ask them for help with grounding exercises if you don't do them already. It's a handy trick for when stress or anxiety seems overwhelming.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

At a time when I was overly stressed, heartbroken, un-supported and disillusioned ... You know the drill ... To manage the crying jags interference with responsibilities, I'd schedule a 15 min crying session - no holding back - in the evenings. That way, I knew I'd have crying permission and could Hold On until then. It helped me keep my self control when I needed it.

I also commend your seeking counseling. That is a good investment in yourself.

Return to “Mental Health”