Unable To Focus

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
IndigoDoll59

Unable To Focus

Post by IndigoDoll59 »

I find myself more and more unable to focus these days. I've been told to stay in the present moment but I just can't. I hate this world that I'm in. When I was about 5 I began creating this imaginary forest world where everything is peaceful and quiet. I often imagine myself in this world happily walking through the forest without any worries. However, I am then pulled back to the real world and I become depressed because this world is nothing like the world I imagine and never will be it seems. What can I do?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Unable To Focus

Post by SpiritTalker »

You may already have done so, but If you feel your situation is more than a spiritual slump then get counseling, and if the depression is interfering with normal quality of life, you might seek medical treatment. That was the necessary disclaimer. :mrgreen:

You have the start of a useful Place of Power, which is a mental construct where we can use our magical imagination. You can tweak your special place to strengthen your resilience. So, rather than just escaping to it, make it work for you. You obviously have a very good ability to focus, as you have created a safe place. Invite only your positive guide or deity to meet you there for self healing.

Use some physical methods to raise your energy level. That in itself will help your mental focus. Look up you.tube videos on raising energy.

If this copy/paste didnt work, this breathing exercise is from lee Holden QiGong:
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=6b33BdOLXYA

As for life not measuring up to Disney fantasy ... Yea, we noticed. The real world ... Is what it is in the moment, and is always changing. One of the few things we can control is our ability to make informed choices (considering honestly what we have to work with), and our responses to our surroundings. Centering is a skill that enables us to be resilient. So, get to know it. There are lots of Internet sites that give tips. Try them out & see which works for you. It's a lot of DIY...do it yourself...and what could be a better investment?
IndigoDoll59

Post by IndigoDoll59 »

I hate to seek medical advice since doctors often think I'm crazy. I never thought this world I imagined was my sacred place where I can connect with my guides and the universe and get away from the real world for awhile. I thought maybe this world I imagined was a vision or something of another lifetime. I'll work on visiting my guides in this forest world and see if they can help me with my problem of not being able to focus.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Please try building your centering skills. It helps put you into yourself, which gives you the power and courage to do the day to day stuff. Just the way you phrased your comment sounded rather like you'd be handing the matter off to the guide/deity to fix. Please forgive me, that's just my impression. Ask for guidance, of course. And they will aid and encourage you; but you still have to drag up the chutzpah to make that first teeny effort, and manufacture the desire also called INTENT. You have to want to focus. May good fortune be yours. :)

Edit - and it's perfectly acceptable that sometimes all we can summon up is the bare wish that we could want to focus. Depressions sucks the stuffing out of intent.

Edit #2 - if you like working with stone energies, then a couple of go-to stones are smokey quartz that is ideal for grounding & centering, and rutilated quartz that assists the ability to focus and gets energy moving.

edit #3 - aww, don't worry about someone thinking you're crazy, if you need assistance. If they're MDs they know what what.( :lol: I just tell my doctor that I'm nuts from the get-go, and get it over with. Try telling a doctor you've been abducted by gray aliens and see if s/he can keep a straight face.)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I actually mentioned an attempted abduction experience to a doctor years ago. He believed me.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Mine giggled. Honest. Then snorted thru his nose. You have a rare MD...or mine's a dolt.

Return to “Mental Health”