Prayers, spells, herbs, and oils for depression

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

My daughters and I battle the demons of depression on a daily basis. We're all three medicated but they still plague us. I'm curious to know what other people have tried and found useful who have gone through similar things. Thanks in advance.

WW

Ever mind Ye the Law of Three.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Prayers, spells, herbs, and oils for depression

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well, I've been through the depression cycle, since my teens and my doc pinpointed it as a 7-year cycle. I am still on a maintenance dose. Bless the meds. I hate that I have to take 'em but hate the depression more. I am grateful it works.

What has helped is keeping a promise I made to myself, that I will pray a decade of the Rosary daily. I try to do so right after toast and coffee...before the 2nd cup. It's funny but the 2nd cup of coffee (or tea, cuz I trade off) is my carrot-on-a-stick otherwise I procrastinate. This little act has made a very big difference and I feel good about myself.

Another little thing is, once a day I light a candle on my Goddess shrine. The flame is the gift. No meditation - Just the faithful action. It doesn't sound like much, and at first I fought it believe it or not. The mind plays dominance games. I learned years ago that even just going thru the motion has a positive impact. And I just do little things that I can manage so I set myself up to succeed.

I ground and center several times a day. It maintains a balance. I wear a pendant with a grounding stone (shungite). I hug my cats whether they need it or not, I do. I drink no alcohol except for rituals bcs alcohol is a depressant. Herbal remedies are beyond my Ken. I eat fresh veggies.

When I get edgy or loopy, I take a 10 minute walk. I'll Journal...sometimes pages, sometimes one line...Draw, doodle, Color in a mandala coloring book, buy myself flowers at the grocery store, drink tea from my Wonder Woman mug, PLAYFULNESS IS A MUST so yesterday i walked in the rain barefoot ( it was fun ), and last but not least, Red Therapy. I did a long term spell in which everything I used was red, for it's life promoting passion to rekindle interest. I kept it running with a perpetual flameless candle 24/7 for four months...it feels like it has run it's course so I allowed the battery to fade. I will re-up with shades of pink for self acceptance.
virgodove

Re: Prayers, spells, herbs, and oils for depression

Post by virgodove »

I use a series of stones at my door and salt (under doormat or line it by your door then state your intentions of protection) as well as simple protection spells or centering my emotions so that I do not create any attachments of bad vibes or anything more serious - it is important to understand your own emotions because using magik or it can interfere with the outcome. Good luck!

http://wiccanspells.info/three-simple-p ... on-spells/
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

I cleanse daily during shower time, and wear a quartz wrapped in copper around my neck. I also use frankincense oil and do yoga. Yoga really does wonders!!! You can get a GaiaTV account for $9 a month and their is tons of yoga videos and other nutrition, and metaphysical stuff on there. Good luck!

Return to “Mental Health”