Doubting myself

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
wiccanii
Banned Member

Doubting myself

Post by wiccanii »

I'm a fairly sensitive person when you get down to it, so any kind of negative directed towards my beliefs cause me to doubt them. People tell me that my beliefs are childish, and I hate it. It just makes me want to crawl up somewhere and cry sometimes because of how frustrated I get.

What I'm saying is that I really need so community right now, and I'd love anyone suggestion and stories any of you may have.
Oneiroi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Doubting myself

Post by SpiritTalker »

Self doubt hurts, but it's usually a signal from inside to pay attention. There's no harm in reassessment. It leads to better understanding. Either we find our beliefs are still worthy of the investment we put into them, or we laugh at our own illusions. Real or not, they served their purpose. Things that don't change will stagnate.

I have some pretty unconventional beliefs, and some I maintain as a defense. They work for me in the place I'm at. When I'm no longer in that place, emotionally or psychically, then it will be time to review, regroup and reboot.

We psychics live on a border realm. We frequently encounter things that are strange and down right freaky to non-psychic folk, and even to other psychics. Otherworld beings do have a sense of humor, and we accuse them of trickery when some only want to play...on their terms.

We know what's going on inside other people and we learn to honor their illusion of privacy and keep what we know to ourselves out of respect for their feelings. We seldom get the same respect in return. Old as I am, it still hurts. Well, that's alright. It means I'm stll alive.

I think that sensitives have an inner fierceness to preserve our innocence ... Seems contradictory. We see crazy beauty amid wicked wildness. The delicate intricacy of a humble dandelion can make us cry. The thousand voices in the wind sing and laugh in our ears and speak of the mysterious places they have been.

I wouldn't want to be any other way.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

wiccanii wrote:I'm a fairly sensitive person when you get down to it, so any kind of negative directed towards my beliefs cause me to doubt them.
It might be good for you to exam why you feel this way. Here's something which might help:

White Mirror, Black Mirror
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

In my experience sometimes even knowing the why is of no consequence. When the hole opens up down you go.
Figuring it out is a lifetime of torture, followed by why the heck am I here. I wish answers were more healing. :|
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

firebirdflys wrote:In my experience sometimes even knowing the why is of no consequence. When the hole opens up down you go.
Figuring it out is a lifetime of torture, followed by why the heck am I here. I wish answers were more healing. :|
Answers are only healing if you continually practice them. Otherwise it's just useless information :)
AllJet

Post by AllJet »

If people are telling you that your beliefs are childish, actually they are the ones being childish. Learning to let those things roll off of you takes practice, its not ingrained in a lot of people. Especially people who are shy or were raised to not be as confident as they could be (like myself). I used (and still use) affirmations to boost my confidence.
You are the miracle you have been waiting for

Return to “Mental Health”